Eminem campaigns

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:13 am
Not many rappers have sent any strong campaigning messages out as of yet, but here's one that won't go unnoticed: The tidal wave is coming
See for yourself, think what you will, but the animation in the clip is mad cool no matter what. A wee bit too radical for my taste, but I sppose I ain't the targeted audience. What do you think about the movie?
Watch out, dial-up may not be able to handle this, but give it a whirl anyway.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 12
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 09:46 am
oops, this probably should have been in Politics forum... nah, it's music too.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:44 pm
I assume from the clip that Marshall intends to vote for himself? Typical from a self centered little whiner like he is. He transcends rap, but he should leave politics alone.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:45 pm
If he was voting for Bush you'd be doin the cryp walk cj...lol
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:48 pm
The clip was a bit menacing - all these black hooded angry people marching at something - in the end they marched to vote... against Bush. Not my cup of coffee exactly, but I thought it was unusual and powerful and was very curious to see how others react to it. it made my ears perk up for sure.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:49 pm
No, hardly. Rap sucks.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
Don't like rap myself, or rather, I don't get it, it's so out of my universe. But still, I must say i kinda liked it.
0 Replies

holpar3

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:42 pm
rap sucks... opinionated much

Not do I agree with the all of the methods I thought it was a very powerful song and video. It will be interesting to see how others react to it.

sorry about the opinionated much pharse but it urks when people make that statement that something sucks rather than saying "I don't care for that"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:50 pm
But rap does suck. Ask any trained musician who can't get face time with a promoter because they spend all their time promoting these no talent hacks.

Eminem is very talented, but 99% of rap is just pure crap.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:53 pm
Em's "mosh" music video on ifilm (56k & 200k versions) plays a lot smoother for me...here: www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2654122
0 Replies

holpar3

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 05:59 pm
ackkkk!!! sorry there are many talented rappers, I will give most of it is smacking hoes. But for instance Outcast, I love that they incorporate trumpets and other insturments not in the rap world in to their music. Dr. Dre and Snoop (more smack my hoe) but the was the produced and had such a smooth sound was awesome. I am not saying that all rap is great I am just saying.. Rap sucks is just abrasive and possible offensive statement.
How would you feel if I said Country sucks..
which btw it doesn't I just have issues with newer country musicans sounding like pop. But there I didn't say that it sucks. ok done with my rant. One of my pet peeves I guess
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 06:08 pm
thanks monger..but my shitty computer couldn't get more than 2 sec..before rebuffering again...
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 28 Oct, 2004 06:20 pm
Then play the 56k version (look for "Eminem: Mosh" on the left and click 56k).
0 Replies