Might some pro-choice folks not understand Venn Diagrams in high school math?

Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 02:51 pm
I say this because the anti-abortion folks tend to say that their position is based on the sanctity of life. That includes a fetus. The focus on what constitutes a human is a separate Venn circle that intersects the Sanctity of Human Life Venn circle. Meaning, not addressing the Sanctity of Life is not logical, assuming the pro-choice folks do subscribe to the Sanctity of Human Life Venn circle. I believe Venn Diagrams explain that one cannot subscribe to the Sanctity of Human Life and not address the Sanctity of all life, in or out of a womb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram

So, it seems that the opposing groups are talking at cross purposes, since the pro-choice folks talk about "reproductive rights," and might be ignoring the question of the Sanctity of Life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 557 • Replies: 13
No top replies

centrox

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 03:33 pm
Why do you capitalize the D of 'Venn diagrams'? Do you seriously think that Venn diagrams are a useful way of arguing about abortion? Are you an Aspie? Or are you just trolling?

Foofie

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 03:46 pm
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

Why do you capitalize the D of 'Venn diagrams'? Do you seriously think that Venn diagrams are a useful way of arguing about abortion? Are you an Aspie? Or are you just trolling?

Your questions, in my opinion, are adhominems in innuendo form. It is O.K., if you have no real rebuttle to my contention in this thread.
centrox

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 05:29 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
rebuttle

Or rebuttal, even.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:40 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I say this because the anti-abortion folks tend to say that their position is based on the sanctity of life. That includes a fetus. The focus on what constitutes a human is a separate Venn circle that intersects the Sanctity of Human Life Venn circle. Meaning, not addressing the Sanctity of Life is not logical, assuming the pro-choice folks do subscribe to the Sanctity of Human Life Venn circle. I believe Venn Diagrams explain that one cannot subscribe to the Sanctity of Human Life and not address the Sanctity of all life, in or out of a womb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram

So, it seems that the opposing groups are talking at cross purposes, since the pro-choice folks talk about "reproductive rights," and might be ignoring the question of the Sanctity of Life?

To hold true to the "sanctity of all life" you would have to die to fulfill it.

You could be a vegetarian but then what about plant life? What about all the creatures that lived in the forest that was cut down to make farmland?

What about the soap you use to kill bacteria? Dont care about them eh?

Do you let pests over take your home? If you had rats would you do nothing about them? Of how about cockroaches?

I call bullshit any time someone tries to claim "sanctity of life". If you drive a car you kill tons of insects that get sucked into the front of the car or attempt to become part of the windshield.

I have no problem if a person shoots and kills an intruder in their home or tries to carjack or mug them on the street.

I'm against abortion but have no right to insist you can't make that choice for yourself.

I think all drugs should be legal. Your body your choice. Seems to work for alcohol why the inconsistency? Acid has never caused an overdose.

No one seems to protest wars. I guess they are fine with the murdering of foreigners.

The sanctity of life is male cow feces.
Kolyo

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:49 pm
@Krumple,
Yep.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 07:05 pm
It might be worthwhile explaining in terms of Venn diagrams why Hillary wasn't lying when she said she was pro-life during one of the debates.

Venn Unit A = {people who believe the mother should keep the child}
Venn Unit B = {people who believe it is the mother's choice}

Hillary is a member of both sets.
They do overlap.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 12:15 pm
@Krumple,
In my opinion, your reply to my post is based on hyperbole, that's all. It does not prove anything, except you are adept at phrasing hyperbole, in my opinion again.
Foofie

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 12:18 pm
The entire pro-choice position might be painted into the corner, as faith based homes for unwed mothers once let a woman birth a child, and then the child was adopted, or went into a faith based orphanage. Meaning, women once has a "wider" choice, not just abortion or raise a child by themselves. In my opinion, another devolution of society. Time passing does not always equal to progress, I believe.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 02:40 pm
@Foofie,
Krumple was pointing out, I think, that the "pro-life" camp isn't pro-life because they believe in they believe in the sanctity of all life. Rather, they are "pro-life" because of their belief in the sanctity of human life specifically. And they do believe the fetus is human from conception. There is a saying in that camp, "a person is a person, no matter how small."

Your original argument seems to suggest conservatives don't believe in killing any living thing, which is nonsense. Krumple merely let you know how many living things we help kill every day.
Krumple

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:23 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

In my opinion, your reply to my post is based on hyperbole, that's all. It does not prove anything, except you are adept at phrasing hyperbole, in my opinion again.

You can call it what you want but I think like most people you lack consistency in your beliefs. Where you think one idea or concept is perfectly valid but contradict yourself on another concept that is related or similar.

Some statements become buzz word statements of pure pretentious rhetoric. Its as if you are trying to tell the world you are a better person than the rest of the world because you repeat this buzz statement often.

The problem with reality is there are even good aspects of bad circumstances. Life is not clearly cut on whats good or bad. If it were it would be obvious but clearly its not obvious or I wouldn't have to point out your nonsense.

So you tell me then, what crazy way are you attempting to use the phrase, "sanctity of all life." Let me remind you, I bet it's convoluted and inconsistent but please prove me wrong.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:29 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Krumple was pointing out, I think, that the "pro-life" camp isn't pro-life because they believe in they believe in the sanctity of all life. Rather, they are "pro-life" because of their belief in the sanctity of human life specifically. And they do believe the fetus is human from conception. There is a saying in that camp, "a person is a person, no matter how small."

Your original argument seems to suggest conservatives don't believe in killing any living thing, which is nonsense. Krumple merely let you know how many living things we help kill every day.

Yes, exactly. Thank you for the additional attempt at explaining this.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:38 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

The odd thing about this is when do or are you given your rights as a person?

I know in some cases if a woman loses an unborn baby in a negligent accident the person or company behind the negligence can be held liable for that fetus death.

But when do you receive your rights as an American? Do you get them at birth or before? If you have them before birth shouldn't we count that peroid then? But we don't.

I'm not splitting hairs here, all I'm trying to do is point out the arbitrary points we place to signify something important. I'm fascinated by this behavior but most people seem to just accept it as nothing unusual.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 12:44 am
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/99/Venn0001.svg/180px-Venn0001.svg.png

Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Might some pro-choice folks not understand Venn Diagrams in high school math?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:01:51