I am trying to get some old stereo equipment (NAD and ADCOM) to work again

gist644

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 05:34 pm
Hi, I inherited some old stereo equipment awhile ago. They are:
NAD 505 compact CD player
NAD 707 stereo receiver
ADCOM GFA-555II power Amplifier
ADCOM ACE-515 AC Enhancer

When I turned them on I was able to get some sound and it was rather loud, however, I wasn't able to reduce the sound when using the volume control button. I did manage to hear the fm radio only after I went out and purchased a dipole antenna with the coax adapter. Does anyone know where I can get some jumper hooks? I have been trying to get all equipment to work together, however I keep running into road blocks. I have old RCA cables that were with this stereo equipment. Yet , there were only two cables that were labeled differently then all others. Most of the cables were labeled audio and color coded red and black. Then the two that are somewhat different are labeled monster cable one is red and the other is blue. Does it matter what color cable is used for the different ports? I tried to follow the Manuel that came with this stereo equipment however, it still isn't working correctly. Can someone help me out?

Ps. I would also like to connect my tv and cable receiver to this stereo equipment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 234 • Replies: 1
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by gist644
oralloy
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 11:52 pm
@gist644,
That's some very nice equipment.

I presume the Monster Cable has RCA jacks?

The point of color coding is so the right and left channels don't get reversed. If you always use one color for a given channel, it makes mistakes less likely.

There is no difference in the materials in the wire between right and left. It's not a case where the right channel likes different materials in the wire than the left channel does. It is just that, if you always use a given color for a channel, you can keep track of your wiring.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am trying to get some old stereo equipment (NAD and ADCOM) to work again
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:18:00