Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:20 pm
kickycan wrote:
"Can I bum a cigarette?"

Laughing Your on a roll!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:33 pm
paulaj wrote:
My last name is not that difficult to pronounce but people butcher the hell out of it, EVERYTIME I introduce myself the conversation turns into a SPELLING B, I have to....
say it...
spell it...
and say it................This is annoying.

Same here, usually I get introduced or greeted as "Mrs. S" when my real last name is G-S and I go by Ms. though I can live with Miss or Mrs. if people are too, er, clueless to figure out the Ms. part. Or I get "Gee, that's a long name! I bet you spelled that a lot in grammar school!" No, you idiot, I hyphenated my name when I got married. How freakin' difficult is that to figure out when you're talking to a female professional?

jp, I, too, get "Sorry, we hired someone with more experience." <sigh>

Or, here's a favorite: "I wasn't really spamming. I was just sharing this fabulous website that I just so happen to own that involves touting a product or service that nobody actually wants and I'm far too cheap to actually pay for advertising! So you're taking away my Constitutional right to free speech and free advertising and freely being annoying as all get out by pulling my spammy link!"
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:35 pm
Kicky

Thanks for starting this thread, it's making me laugh. I was in a bad mood earlier, my elderly mom who I take care of had a few drinks yesterday and is 'off the beam still', earlier she fell/bounced over a coffee table (she's fine) dumped coffee everywhere, shortly after I shampood the rug she set something on fire in the kitchen. I allowed this to get on my nerves, I feel better now.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:36 pm
Glad I could help. Smile
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:41 pm
My brother HATES it when girlfriends say this.....what are you thinking aboooooooooout?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:50 pm
THIS I find annoying, whenever a guy asks me out or wants to go out and he owns a motorcycle, this transpires, <picture an overly confident, cavalier voice>..........so.....when are we goin for a riiiiiide?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:30 pm
I hate when I hear guys say that to me too. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
Another phrase I'd like never to hear again...

"He's the one! The guy with the cowboy hat and the cigarette! Get him!!!"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:36 pm
From a doctor...

"Yes, as a matter of fact, this will hurt...A LOT."
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:38 pm
Kicky

You and Gus come up with the wittiest threads :-)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:45 pm
paulaj wrote:
Kicky

You and Gus come up with the wittiest threads :-)

I think we both have waaaaay too much time on our hands. Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:46 pm
Nonsense!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
"Don't worry, when it comes to starting campfires, I know exactly what I'm doing. Now hand me that gas can."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:47 pm
"Oh ****! Stop, drop, and roll, Kicky!"
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:50 pm
ads about cars, tires or other automotive items

"designed for drivers", wow not designed for three toed sloths
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:58 pm
V.I.P. As if anyone is more important than anyone else. Oh please!!!!

What you need is a man in your life. (I will hit the next person who says this to me!)
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:01 pm
"you're not living up to your potential"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:11 pm
paulaj wrote:
My last name is not that difficult to pronounce but people butcher the hell out of it, EVERYTIME I introduce myself the conversation turns into a SPELLING B, I have to....
say it...
spell it...
and say it................This is annoying.

Oh, how I hear that. My name is Canadian and not just Canadian, it's Acadian Canadian and I was born and raised in Mass. I have an unusual first name and a long last name and the whole 34 years I lived in Mass I had to say and spell my name every single time I did anything. It was very frustrating. Then when I moved becak to my old home town in Canada, it was strange because there were several people in the area with my name and I haven't had to spell my name once in the last 4 years I've been here. Took awhile to get use to because when I lived in Mass and someone called out my name, I knew they were talking to me, but now I hear my name being called out all the time and they're rarely talking to me, lol.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:13 pm
"you're not getting any younger"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 06:15 pm
You've gained weight!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 03:40:42