is it a normal occurence or is there more to it?

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:10 am
Hi, i have a friend (both of us male), when we first met each other i felt a weird attraction ( feeling towards him) but to this day im not sure if its real or a fantasy. we started seeing each other alot more regulary after 6 months of meeting. i have allways considered myself straight and as far as i know so is he. a few months ago after going out on the town we went back to his house still just as friends and we ended up sharing a bed. all night he was saying things that you wouldnt normally say to a friend, but i put it down to being drunk. the week after we shared a bed again, this has happend a dozen times now. a week ago i woke up and he was cuddled up to me with his head on my shoulder ( i left him there amd just went back to sleep) . when we woke up i didnt mention anything but he said he didnt remember alot from the night before. but then started to talk about things that had happend from different times of the night. We have become quite close in the time we have known eachother and when i woke up to him cuddling me it felt right. I feel i need to talk to him about this but at the same time im scared of sabataging our friendship and losing him completley. what should i do ?

Jack1034

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:24 am
@Jack1034,
any opinions or advive will be greatly appreciated
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 09:33 am
Have a talk with him. I understand your position and of course the stakes are pretty high. But usually cuddling, sharing a bed, etc. are kind of not par for the course. If you shared a bed for brief traveling purposes to save money, that would be one thing. But that's not what this is.

So - talk. And maybe frame it initially in the context of friendship. "That was a great party last week (or whenever it was), eh?" I assume he'll agree although maybe he'll just claim he got overly drunk and it was horrible.

If his response is positive, then maybe try framing it as something like, "Weird we ended up in bed together. People are going to talk."

And see what the response is. Is it horror? Then back off. If it's defiant amusement (e. g. "Let 'em!"), then that's probably a pretty green light there. If it's in the middle, or if it's defiant but more like, "Well, I can't help it if they're nosy." (and then he changes the subject), you're still at a yellow light, I'd say.

For a green or a yellow light, maybe say something like, "I'm getting odd mixed signals from you." Again, you're being kind of coy about it because you don't want to lose the friendship. Don't be accusatory or anything, and be ready to back off with something like, "Well, it just seemed that way at the time. I don't know. Maybe it was the alcohol."

After that, don't push it unless it happens yet again, I'd say.

Good luck; it's a delicate balancing act. Not only are you trying to find out whether a relationship is at all possible, you're also trying to determine whether someone has the type of sexuality permitting such a relationship - and that might be something he hasn't even admitted to himself.

Be patient.
Jack1034

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2017 10:41 am
@jespah,
thanks for the advice, your right it is a hard position to be in as i also dont want him to feel uncomfortable around me. ill try and talk to him about it but no doubt ill just clam up as usual :/ ive never had as many mixed signals from one person. he hasnt been in any kind of relationship or intamacy with anybody for years. and theres no reason why he couldnt if he wanted to bare in mind hes 20. same for me not as long but still a long time
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » is it a normal occurence or is there more to it?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:06:43