I keep catching my husband in white lies...

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:00 pm
I keep catching my husband in lies and worry that if he lies so easily about the stupid stuff, is he even being faithful?? For example, I gave him a pic of a collage of us to put in his desk at work and at the end of the day I asked if he put it on his desk and he quickly said yes, and I found it on the floor of his car. I also asked where he went to lunch one day and he told me, but lied...he has gone to Hooters.

centrox

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 12:00 pm
How long have you been married?
Krumple

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:55 pm
@Beachyblues,
Beachyblues wrote:

I keep catching my husband in lies and worry that if he lies so easily about the stupid stuff, is he even being faithful?? For example, I gave him a pic of a collage of us to put in his desk at work and at the end of the day I asked if he put it on his desk and he quickly said yes, and I found it on the floor of his car. I also asked where he went to lunch one day and he told me, but lied...he has gone to Hooters.

The picture thing is weird. But what if he told you he didn't want it on his desk? Would you flip out or make a big deal of it?

Where he goes to lunch, what if he told you he wants to go to Hooters for lunch? Would you protest it make a deal out if it?

The point I'm trying to get at is, most husband's who lie learn to lie because their wife badgers them over things they want to do that are harmless. Sometimes a person just needs to have breathing room. Badgering him over choices forces him to hide or lie.

Any time you ask him about something it should have options.

Do you want this picture for your desk at work?

If he says no, take it as an adult. He should have that option. Sometimes a wife wants to put territorial things to ward off other females at their husbands work. Unless he asks for it specifically it should be optional.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:56 pm
@Beachyblues,
Ask him how you look in those pants and if he wants to go to your mom's house for dinner.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 02:17 pm
@Beachyblues,
Beachyblues wrote:
I keep catching my husband in lies and worry that if he lies so easily about the stupid stuff, is he even being faithful??

I have Gipsy blood. I am gazing into my crystal ball... the view of your future is clouded... ah! The clouds are parting... what's that I see... a divorce court!
0 Replies

Beachyblues

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 10:19 pm
@centrox,
11 months...
0 Replies

Beachyblues

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 10:22 pm
@Krumple,
Thank you for your reply! I guess there are always little white lies and I'm a firm believer that a lie is a lie. If I confront him, he lies about lying. Its so bizarre. It's over the stupidest stuff that I wouldn't get mad about. I am more hurt and upset that he lies and doesn't tell the truth.
Beachyblues

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 10:27 pm
@Beachyblues,
He's a highly intellectual person who is clearly narcissistic. He wants no drama or stress when he's home and expects that I will overlook all the little things (I agree to an extent) but we are different people. We both bring something different to the relationship, but it's clearly his way or nothing. He's interested in his needs being met, but feels that bc he provides for our home, which he does and I greatly appreciate it, then he's meeting my needs...while emotionally I'm dying.
centrox

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2017 02:48 am
@Beachyblues,
Beachyblues wrote:
emotionally I'm dying.

Like I said... divorce court...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I keep catching my husband in white lies...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:30:01