We're at Outback for lunch

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 02:16 pm
We're in Cupertino for lunch, and they sat us in the next booth to two guys talking so loud, we asked to be moved to another table. We're sitting at the other end of the restaurant, and we can still hear them. What's with that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,512 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 02:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,

inconsiderate clods...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've been there - a rare meeting of us cousins, with the next table going on with raucous loudmouths. Business people out to lunch, in memory, apparently at a favorite restaurant. Luckily we went to the neato art museum in Orange County after that, which I had been to a few times, the Irvine Museum. Don't miss it, please, if you are anywhere nearby. That was peace.
I still get mail from them, large photos of old california landscapes. I've saved every mailer. I did introduce friends to the museum, but I have gotten much more joy from them than then have from me, although I did buy some books.

The clods had finally left.
No wonder people in the rest of the world think americans are clods.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 03:04 pm
Goodson's restaurant in Tomball is always loud. The entire crowd talks loud all the time. When we go there, we expect a steady roar. The food is good enough to make it worth it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 03:06 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I had the 6oz serloin, medium rare with the Ausie fries and Caesar salad. Had the strawberry ice tea for my beverage. The food is still very good after staying away for many years.
We were planning on having lunch at Black Angus (prime rib Wednesday), but they were closed.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 03:23 pm
I remember a way overdone steak at Outback but I didn't want to complain since I wasn't paying. A fond memory of Dys and Diane together. And me being quietly obsequious, which is not usual.

Geez, I so miss Dys.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 03:58 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Yea. I was lucky to have met Dys and Diane, and spending time with them. Dys is one of the most accomplished I have met, and I've met my share of highly accomplished people like Bob Brodsky, the rocket scientist, and Lindsay Hamilton, the professional singer-director of London.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:08 pm
@ossobucotemp,
In my younger days, I didn't complain when the food didn't meet some basic standard. Now, I will ask to speak to the manager, and they've been really accommodating. They ask if I want the same dish or change.
Outback seems to be pretty consistent in their quality of food. Even my 6oz steak was too much after the salad, so I got a box to have it for dinner.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, I remember you met him, when a bunch of us were in San Francisco.

People almost made pilgrimages to meet him. I don't mean to mock about that as snarky, these were smart people.

I moved here myself, not from dys adoration (though I did care for him), but because housing prices were then possibly affordable to me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I look back on those days with some amazement that it even happened. Francis even traveled from France, Jane from San Diego, and most of us from around the SF Bay Area. The last meet I attended in NYC was very good too!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 04:16 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I also remember when Dys lived in CO.
0 Replies

SinLeviathan

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2017 08:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
There's not really much you can do other than eat somewhere else. You could try asking them politely to lower their voices. But if you're not comfortable with possible conflict then your pretty much out of options.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 02:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
I thought you were going to say you were in Oz.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 03:25 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
No wonder people in the rest of the world think americans are clods.

All countries have got their arseholes. I was quite shocked when I heard that in some parts of Europe we're known as le **** offs. As always it's the loud obnoxious ones who get people's attention.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 05:54 am
The other day - it was even a few weeks ago I was sitting in a train. Behind the seats opposite me were some young girls sitting and doing something you hardly see nor hear in these modern days.
They had no mobil phones in their hands, they were talking, laughing, giggling and having so much fun.
I really enjoyed it as it seems ages since that happend.
The lady with her back the to young women was very enoyed and somehow sent signs we should stop them. For me she was much more enoying than the kids.
There are people in all ages that are hard of hearing.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Been to Oz a couple of times, and do not remember having that problem.
Have you ever been to the Blu Bar in the ShangriLa hotel in Sydney? One of my favorites, and I've traveled around the world.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 01:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
I've never been to Australia.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 11:59 am
@izzythepush,
Lyrics -
A Sheltered Life
Lou Reed

Never been to England, never been to France
Never really learned how to dance
I've never taken dope and I've never taken drugs
Ah, I've never danced on a bear-skin rug
Guess it's true, what all the people they say
I'm gonna have to loose my hometown ways
Guess it's true, guess I've led a sheltered life
Never went around with anything
I've had a hometown life
And I have never learned to swing
Not much of a life, I haven't seen much
I've been true to my wife and it's just been too much
Guess it's true, what all these people they say
I'm gonna have to lose my hometown ways
You know it's true, guess, I've led a sheltered life
Guess it's true, what all these people they say
I'm gonna have to lose my hometown ways
Guess it's true, guess, I've led a sheltered life

A Sheltered Life lyrics © Sony ATV Music Pub LLC

izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 02:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I've been to England and France. I'd have to be really bloody sheltered not to.
(I've just got back from the pub, a little merry.)
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2017 04:39 pm
@izzythepush,
I've liked Lou Reed but I couldn't nab a good youtube on that one..

1. Forums
  2. » We're at Outback for lunch
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:47:58