Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 11:39 am
For some reason, I can no longer upload image files (directly from my work computer or indirectly from an url of another server) to [url=tinypic.com]Tinypic[/url] image hosting site so I can plop images here at a2k.

I'm thinking it might be a new work/IT setting that was initiated last week(ish).

Using Internet Explorer 11.09 on a Microsoft 7 (64bit professional?) computer. Cuz that's what they let us use here. All other browsers are blocked from being downloaded.

Should I try and use another image hosting site? What are your preferences?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 499 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 11:49 am
@tsarstepan,

i got sick of jumping through the hoops on tinypic and switched to imgur...
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 12:47 pm
@Region Philbis,
Their Progressive ads are annoying because you can't lower the volume on them. I just take my headphones off and go to another browser tab while that plays out.

But does that make sense? Would an IT dept stop uploads like image files after so many years of allowing it? Is that a thing IT does for security? Or could it be something else?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 01:05 pm
@tsarstepan,

could be, if their usage policy changed...
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 01:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm on tinypic since ages. (And like it more than others)
The same happened to me two days ago - I couldn't upload the TIME frontpage with Trump on it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 01:17 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I just noticed that this frontapage is there a couple of times (must have tried to upload it five times), but I can't upload anything now
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 09:44 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
i got sick of jumping through the hoops on tinypic and switched to imgur...

The last time I wanted to post pictures here, I had problems with both tinypic and imgur (and imageshack too for that matter). They all either had too many hoops to jump through, or they had size/resolution limits that prevented me from showing what I wanted to.

I ended up giving up on all of the established names and looking at upstart sites that I had never heard of before. I ultimately chose this place:
http://imgbox.com

For a sample of the quality of service that they offered for free, here is the post where I used them:
http://able2know.org/topic/2699-20#post-6270559

(Note that some of the pictures are resized by a2k codes, and are much larger than they appear in-post.)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 07:21 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

could be, if their usage policy changed...

It would be nice for IT to notify us on security changes like this.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 07:56 am
@tsarstepan,

why not ask them...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » TinyPic...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:02:22