Wedding photographer slogan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 07:03 am
Hi!
First of apologize for my writing mistakes.
I am David Asensio, wedding photographer in Spain, and I want to ask you for some help in englsh linguistic, in concret for an slogan for my work.
In my work I focus on STORYTELLING through INTIMATE and ADVENTUROUS pics and those three concepts are which I'm trying to concentrate and any kind of slogan in english.
Right now I'm thinking on "DOCUMENTING STORIES OF LIFE" but there are some little details that I can't control in english:
"Documenting Stories" I think is working, but I don't know if "Stories of Life" is too candid or too sweet meaning, or if it have any relation with medical services or, ortherway, if it has meaning closer to "live the life" or "adventurous life" concepts.
What to you think, can give please me any advice??

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 09:43 am
@dasensio,
I would use "Documenting the Stories of Your Life". Sounds less mechanical that way. I don't think anyone would associate anything medical in this context.
I assume you're marketing toward English speaking visitors to Spain; I would include an example of your work in the ad.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 12:38 pm
@dasensio,
I work for an American wedding blog and I look at photographers' websites and their ads every single day. A few things to keep in mind:
  • Yes, please, add examples of your work.
  • Mix up what you show. There are a ton of skinny, beautiful, blonde-haired brides with their equally young and fit husbands out there. Those faces dominate the wedding scene. Please show older people, overweight people, people of color, people who aren't Christian or Catholic, people with kids, people who are disabled, and people who love folks who are the same sex as they are. You don't have to show them all the time, but please keep them in your portfolio. Overweight brides, grooms on their second marriage, people from Asia, and folks with children all have money to spend, too.
  • Please design your website and all attendant advertising for readability. I keep seeing silver script fonts on off-white backgrounds, and they are very hard to read. I have seen beige fonts on off-white backgrounds, and tiny print as well. Your most important information is:
    • Where you are located
    • Your prices and
    • How to contact you
    Please do not hide that information.
  • People who are getting married want the following out of their photographer:
    • They want to feel you will give them good value for their money
    • You will capture interesting details of the event
    • You will take pictures of unique things and details but also of the standard stuff. They want you to realize you need to get a picture of a grandmother or of the bouquet toss if there is one, but also of the groom and his mother having an intimate chat or the custom-designed favors or the like
    • They want you to be unobtrusive (at the same time as the above; good luck with that)
    • They want you to catch their best sides and smiles as often as possible. Everyone knows some images are going to be duds but they want a variety so they can choose

I think your slogan is decent, but I would get rid of 'documenting'. How about, instead, Telling the Stories of Your Life or Helping You Tell the Stories of Your Life. I hope this helps!
0 Replies

dasensio

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 04:59 am
Thanks.
My mainly doubt is if the word Life has a donotation to adventure life or if otherwise is too sweat/candid/commercial.
For the momment I'm thinking more in "Documenting Stories of Life" or "Documenting Life Stories". Is the closer to my work that I've found (but I'm not yet sure).
0 Replies

dasensio

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2017 05:21 am
Document and Story should be in the sentence.
I'm searching other word than adventure because when spanish people translate it can get a infidelity sense. The perfect meaning would be "Documenting Stories of people who live the life" but it's too long. I need to resume concepts like "live the life" "life authentic" or "live folk" in a word and I don't know if Life is the correct word for that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wedding photographer slogan
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:30:45