Off-duty policewoman caused elbow dislocation and choked me nearly unconsciuos, could I indict her?

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:43 pm
She started to chase me, because I did sth wrong. I wasn't able to lose her so I decided to stop and fight her. I punched her, but she grabbed me, threw to the ground and held in an armlock, like in mma fight. It caused elbow dislocation, but at first I didn’t feel pain, escaped that hold and still was trying to fight. We were scuffling, but I wasn't able to knock her out. At one point she found behind me and held me in choke hold, that I couldn’t escape or even move. I nearly lost consciousness. In that chokehold she kept me until police arrived. As I said she was off-duty. I want revenge on her. Did she behave legitimately? I want to indict her for a damage to my health or find her and take the law into your own hands.

jespah

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:53 pm
@andrzejj,
Governments indict people. Citizens do not, no matter which country or state you live in. You are, instead, asking whether you can sue her.

At least in the US, cops are under an obligation, even when they are off-duty. Can you sue? Go to a lawyer and ask. Don't be surprised if you hear that you can't get much out of your case, if anything.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 08:06 pm
@jespah,
Oh yeah. I would definitely recommend a lawyer considering all he might be charged with.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 09:09 pm
@andrzejj,
So let's get this straight.

You did something wrong, probably illegal and got caught by an off duty officer who you attempted to fight. She probably thought you were ready to kill her. So she restrained you but you kept resisting and fighting.

Now you want to get paid for your injury?

I say **** you. How about learn to be a civil person who doesn't pick street fights?

You deserved to get your arm or shoulder messed up, maybe this should be a lesson to you to stop being an asshole?

You want to be rewarded for committing a crime and getting into a fight? Sounds more like you haven't learned how to play life as an adult.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 06:06 am
@andrzejj,
andrzejj wrote:
Off-duty policewoman caused elbow dislocation and choked me nearly unconsciuos, could I indict her?

She started to chase me, because I did sth wrong. I wasn't able to lose her so I decided to stop and fight her. I punched her, but she grabbed me, threw to the ground and held in an armlock, like in mma fight. It caused elbow dislocation, but at first I didn’t feel pain, escaped that hold and still was trying to fight. We were scuffling, but I wasn't able to knock her out. At one point she found behind me and held me in choke hold, that I couldn’t escape or even move. I nearly lost consciousness. In that chokehold she kept me until police arrived. As I said she was off-duty. I want revenge on her. Did she behave legitimately? I want to indict her for a damage to my health or find her and take the law into your own hands.

Surely you understand that if you commit a crime in front of a police officer, they will arrest you?

And if you violently attack a police officer to try to avoid arrest, they will use force to subdue you?

andrzejj wrote:
or find her and take the law into your own hands.

Surely you understand that police officers carry guns and defend themselves with those guns?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 08:39 am
@andrzejj,
Quote:
...so I decided to stop and fight her. I punched her,...escaped that hold and still was trying to fight...but I wasn't able to knock her out

Umm - you are kind of lucky she didn't pull out a gun instead. Then we might not be hearing about your whining.

It sounds like self defense on her part as not only once she knocked you down on the ground and held you -- you continued to try to fight her and in your words you were not able to knock her out. Sounds like you were trying to hurt her and seriously --- she has the right to defend herself as well. Call yourself lucky and learn from being an idiot --- next time don't do something wrong in the first place and if you do, don't fight a police officer.

Sorry, but people doing "sth wrong" and then trying to knock out a police officer when they try to stop you get little sympathy from me.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 09:00 am
Even I, as a citizen, have the right to chase you down after witnessing you committing a crime. I would be making a citizen's arrest. In doing so, I have the right to match force with force.

You admit to trying to knock out the off-duty policewoman. Therefore, she had the right to disable you.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2017 05:13 pm
@andrzejj,
Quote:
As I said she was off-duty

This means nothing, as all policemen and women, whether in uniform or street clothes , whether "on duty" or" off the job" are still ( by law) enforcers of the law in the USA.

You're lucky, you're still alive. Next time, you try a smart-ass prank like the one you described, you could be cremated like a piece of dry toast.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Off-duty policewoman caused elbow dislocation and choked me nearly unconsciuos, could I indict her?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:12:10