...if science is able to explain about this, it will...

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 05:32 am
I think if science is able to explain about this, it will also be able to prove the three existences of life as well.

Should it be were instead of is?
Should it be would instead of will?

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 350 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tanguatlay

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 12:32 pm
@tanguatlay,
Could somebody please help? Thanks.
centrox

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 01:42 pm
@tanguatlay,
If you are discussing a concrete possibility and its consequences, then this is appropriate:

I think if science is able to explain about this, it will also be able to prove the three existences of life as well.

If our family's dog dies, then my mother will be very sad. (There is a real possibility that it will die soon - it is sick and/or very old, maybe).

If you are discussing a hypothetical possibility and its consequences then this is appropriate:

I think if science were able to explain about this, it would also be able to prove the three existences of life as well.

If our family's dog were to die, then my mother would be very sad. (The dog is neither sick nor old; I am merely musing on what would happen, knowing how fond my mother is of the dog).

0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 04:41 pm
@tanguatlay,
tanguatlay wrote:
Could somebody please help? Thanks.

These begging posts are inappropriate and annoying. They may lose you more answers than they gain. That is not an idle threat. Please do not do it. I believe you have been advised about this before. Patience is a virtue.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ...if science is able to explain about this, it will...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:28:09