Interest rates data. I need it :(

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 01:14 am
Hello everyone;

I'm looking for interest tables that would show me the factor used in equal installments' method for loan payback. They are tables that show the number of years, the interest rates, payments..etc. If you know a book or a website that would help me find this kind of data, please let me know. It's very important.

Thanks in advance everyone Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 872 • Replies: 9
No top replies

HofT

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2004 08:59 pm
It's an equation, not a factor, which is why you can't find it. See if that helps:
http://www.bus.indiana.edu/cholden/fall2002/Fc/Loansens.htm
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 12:34 pm
Well yes it is an equation and I want some tables that show this equation (calculated) in addition to the equal payments that are made (also in the tables)
The link you gave me is very confidential especially that it's from a university. This is very academic im looking for tables more than anything
but thanks alot Smile
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:16 pm
Vonderjohn - the tables can be calculated automatically after you've specified the variables, but if I understand you correctly you're looking for something simpler. Try this (also from a university, but those from real estate agents aren't so reliable) and generate all the tables you like for comparison:

http://ray.met.fsu.edu/~bret/amortize.html

Let me have some feedback - I work in computer modelling for financial applications and like to know reactions of users!
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
P.S. remember to click in the box marked "show amortization schedule".
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:21 pm
P.S. remember to click in the box marked "show amortization schedule".
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
P.P.S. "balloon payment" is a lump sum sometimes required at the end of the loan, usually in equipment leases, e.g. for cars or machinery.

As I don't know your object in this calculation, if it's for a car remember to double-check the legal provisions - i.e. is the car your property or the leasing company's, who's responsible for repairs, can you sell it to somebody else who will be assuming responsibility for unpaid loan portion and other charges or does he have to get his own loan, etc etc.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:54 pm
Hoft;

Thank you so much. This link is terrific. Just what I was looking for; a simple, easy-to-use concize online calculator, with a long list of supporting tables and explanations for the results. Just the right tool!

Thanks big time !
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2004 01:57 pm
Oh btw one more thing;

Is it available offline by any chance??
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:00 am
You realize offline use isn't possible unless you download the computational program. Another program has downloadable code but you may find it more complex:

http://www.ossix.net/mortgage/
0 Replies