Age defining my Smarts?

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:11 pm
No one takes me seriously because of my age. I'm in my teens but mentally and emotionally mature. People patronize me because of this. So I wish they'd just stop. I'm smarter than most of them with an IQ of 147. So could they just stop being arrogant and full of it. Why are people doing this too me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 775 • Replies: 14

McGentrix

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:15 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
Because we were 14 once and also thought we knew it all. As we got older we realized that we didn't actually know everything and we were not as smart as we thought we were.

Wisdom>Intelligence
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:59 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
You do sound like you are mature and smart for your age. I have two teenage daughters so I can see where you are coming from.

I think what you are missing is experience. Life experience. No matter how intelligent a person is - there is no replacement for experience. You could very well be much more intelligent than an adult, however, the adult will have much more life experience than you.

An adult has already been through going to school, graduating, getting and maintaining a job and career, raising children, maintaining personal finances, having relationships with a significant other, traveling worldwide, maintaining a home.

After years of experience (and being a pretty intelligent person myself) - I realize even at my age and level of intelligence, I realize I can learn something from almost anyone. People younger than me, people older than me -- so called less intelligent people -others have had different experiences than I have had and I can learn from them.

Do you think people maybe patronize you because you act or say things that may give them the impression you think you are smarter than them? Maybe you, without realizing it, are coming across as being arrogant? Maybe that is the reason they are doing it to you?

I remember a friend I had in high school - she was extremely intelligent - she had the most impressive vocabulary of anyone I knew. She would come across as arrogant and full of it - not saying you are- she was a sweetheart and once you got to know her - you knew she didn't mean it that way.

Maybe if you make yourself open to their life experiences, in turn, they will appreciate your maturity and intelligence.
centrox

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 03:10 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
KittyMeowMeow wrote:
I'm smarter than most of them with an IQ of 147. [...] Why are people doing this too me?

It's certainly immature to boast about your alleged IQ, and confusing 'to' and 'too' makes that score dubious.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 03:18 pm
@Linkat,
Good post, Linkat.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 03:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
On another note, I lost status in my class rank (still not bad) because a friend finished earlier than I did on the test and wanted to go get a soda (or was it a milkshake?) and I skipped the last page to do that. I think that was in 1959.
I cheerfully admit it was idiotic of me (she would have waited), though I think I thought it was just one more test in the cascade of tests, and that she did too. I don't remember that the nun called it an intelligence test, and I am 99 44/100s sure I would have noticed.

In the intervening years, I admire curiosity more than tested intelligence, and in many cases, that is a matter of family situations, though not entirely.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 04:48 pm
I really get worried about self absorbed people who are full of distain for other human beings. Give me a gentle, loving, socially engaged, average IQ person any day.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 11:16 am
@KittyMeowMeow,
KittyMeowMeow wrote:

I'm ... emotionally mature.

KittyMeowMeow wrote:
So could they just stop being arrogant and full of it. Why are people doing this too me?

Sorry, but these statements literally negate each other.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 02:06 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
In your other thread you said you were late 20s?
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2017 02:25 pm

On Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:09 pm - you are a female in late 20`s
On Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:11 pm you are a teen ager.

IQ of 147 and not knowing you age......hm
KittyMeowMeow

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 04:34 pm
@saab,
I said different ages to see how people would react. Besides psychically I'm in my teens. Mentally in in my late 20's/early 30's
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 05:17 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
Is there some reason you think being labeled as a teen is derogatory? it is a time of expansive learning, one way or another.

You sound exhilarated by results for your one IQ test, so that you now you have power as a smartie.

There are plenty of discussions online about IQ: you can look them up.
A2K has at least a few or several, if you can manage to look them up.
KittyMeowMeow

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 06:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Just a little experiment on people's subconscious. And I've always known I was smart. Besides I tell everyone offline my IQ is 113. And only when they ask. And don't make assumptions about what I'm thinking or on my opinions, I've always found it a little insulting
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2017 07:25 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
Ok, then, I'll call you a sollipsist reaching out.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2017 01:37 am
@KittyMeowMeow,
Why would you tell anybody your IQ? That does not tell anything about how you use your IQ. You do not seem to use yours very well.
A person can be very wise without a high IQ.
A person can be rather stupid with a high IQ.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Age defining my Smarts?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:27:21