What determines intelligence?

Wobs18

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 09:07 am
@PUNKEY,
Well, this is why I looked tor answers elsewhere. I'm not a blogger (never been on Reddit and all those sites). Figured that a place titled "able2know" would provide me answers, which it certainly did accomplish, so thanks.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 01:34 pm
@Wobs18,
Wobs18 wrote:

Yeah, the "multiple intelligence" theory. At first I thought it was just a sore excuse for people to feel better about themselves (as there is a category involving existensial intelligence). It is sort of credible I suppose, after reading a synopsis of it. I believe the guy you're talking about is that dude who goes by Chris Langan(or Lannigan, dunno). Who has an IQ of 195, who was a bouncer, and did some more blue-collar jobs.

Yeah that's him. If you as me, he is a moron, not a genius. He might be book smart and creative when trying to learn but his social skills are far below average. Almost borderline socially retarded.

I've also heard in passing, maybe from documentaries on Einstein that he would easily get lost. If asked how to travel from home to work, he couldn't tell you directions. I don't know if it's true but it does highlight that aspect that there are sections of intelligence.

Another good example are savants. How can some of the tell you musical notes perfectly? Or tell you the address of any person in a phone book? But they can't learn how to tie shoes.
Wobs18

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2017 05:13 pm
@Krumple,
That is precisely why I was drawn into this whole quest, due to the ambiguousness presented by the situation. This propelled me to research as to the types of intelligence, the sub-categories. This is why I asked "What determines intelligence?" In the sense of, how would one determine such intelligence in a certain area (something not equivocal, with perhaps numbers, or a scale). This is of course (as of today's modern technology), not possible, thus it is left for one's own interpretation, which indeed bothers me. See, I know that I am exponentially high in both Linguistic and Intrapersonal intelligences, but yet it simply does annoy me that I cannot pin some sort of credential with these traits, other than with my own anecdotes of how I excel at writing, or how I'm self aware, bottom line, there is no concrete proof, which is why I asked to see what people's outlook on this was.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 12:29:11