[I]Lullabye[/I]

Seed

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:19 pm
Has anyone read Lullabye? It's by the same author of Fight Club... his name is Chuck..... I cant remember how to spell his last name but its a GREAT book, a little bit out there in some places but awesome none the less... you all should pick it up and read it... oh man i loved it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,109 • Replies: 5
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:39 am
I liked "Lullabye" too! (His name is Palahnuik, by the way).

I never really understoond all the fuss over "Fight Club" -- I liked "Choke", "Lullabye" and "Diary" all much better.

I also liked the one that starts off with the guy in the airplane....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 08:52 am
Seed- By the Way, the reason that your title has the BB code rather than the italics that you wanted, around it, is because the BB code does not work with titles!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Seed- By the Way, the reason that your title has the BB code rather than the italics that you wanted, around it, is because the BB code does not work with titles!

well that explains it... as far as Fightclub goes... i think it was the movie that got all the hype.... i never read the book cus i saw the movie first and i really liked the movie. if i see a movie and think its great and then read the book i get mad at the movie on how they screwed it up because the book is usually 10 times better then the movie... but i can read a book and watch the movie, kinda funny i know but thats me for ya
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 11:28 am
I never saw the movie "Fight Club" but I know what you mean about being upset about lousy film translations of novels. Perhaps someday I'll check it out.

From what I understand, the popularity of naming young boys Tyler is directly related to the release of that movie - which really creeps me out and makes me wonder if the movie was a very sanitized version of the book.

Palahnuik is a local boy so his books always get tons of press here in Portland. I try to read his books before I read too many reviews. Reviews tend to spoil the surprise of his plots for me - I really enjoy his off-kilter way of looking at things.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 03:17 pm
this was the first of his books i have read. a friend of mine wanted to read it but didnt want to fork over the money for it... i read the jacket and was intrigued by it so i ponied up the dough and was hard pressed for a reason to put the book down... i look forward to reading more of his titles
0 Replies