Well, kiss Obamacare goodbye

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:56 am
With Trump and the republicans, Obamacare and immigrants will have no security in this country. Which of Trump's promises will he carry out?
Obamacare is more popular than Donald Trump.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,610 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:52 pm
We will learn more as the days and weeks of this unprecedented Presidency evolves. Still too early to know or say exactly what will occur.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 03:43 pm
@Sturgis,
True. My only hope for Trump is that he helps our economy to grow. Our investments have done very well, and it has afforded us a comfortable lifestyle.
He scares me by his tariff talk.
0 Replies

jochambers1965

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 05:00 pm
I cannot wait for pre-existing clauses to once again be legal like they were in the good ole days.

Considering my deductible is at $6K, I look forward to paying around $400 for my annual physical and blood tests. It will even be better when I turn fifty and have to pay for colorectal screenings. If Obamacare is immediately overturned, I will pay a few thousand dollars for the same service that is covered under my plan today. Mammograms, another service covered under my plan - will now run the average woman of $1K+

That older adult age range tends to be tricky for some people. I reference those who are old enough for their bodies to begin acting up but too young for Medicare....they will have to meet these deductibles before any preventative services are covered. This age range needs to monitor their health via preventative services. With the costs being so prohibitive, small problems will remain undetected until they can no longer be ignored.

I have young friends who hate Obamacare, but never complain that they don't have to pay for immunizations for their young babies. My guess, they don't even realize that this is a service covered by their plan due to Obamacare. When my children were young and if my deductible wasn't met (easier to meet in those days), then I paid for the immunizations. Every.single.one.

Many have benefited in ways they are not even aware of. Yes. The cost of insurance skyrocketed. yet, the millions of dollars paid in health ins executive's salaries and bonuses did not go down. Don't believe me, check yourself - these are publicly traded companies and this information is readily available. From my vantage point, there was no effort to cut the exorbitant overhead, and the easiest solution was to pass the increased costs to the end consumer.

Which begs the final question. If Obamacare truly disappears, are the insurance companies magically going to decrease their rates? Will hospitals just slash their cost b/c Obamacare is no longer? Will deductibles and co-pays go back to reasonable levels ? Will CEO's be less valuable and their salaries can resume normal levels?

Blickers

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:59 pm
Trump hasn't appointed people to replace the people Obama had. At this point, it is clear he has no idea how to manage the government. The day before the inauguration, he had to ask over 60 of Obama's appointees to remain in office because the Trump "team" had nobody in mind to replace them when they left.

As a result of this, I think Trump is going to spend his whole term lurching from crisis to self-made crisis, and won't be able to put any plans in place. Probably the most he'll be able to manage is to make a few small changes in Obamacare and then try to call it his own healthcare program. Trumpcare, (same as Obamacare-it's gonna be yuge).
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 06:55 am
Quote:
Donald Trump has taken his first steps as president, signing an executive order which targets the signature health care reforms of his predecessor.

His proclamation ordered agencies to ease the economic burden of the laws known as Obamacare

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38700445
Voice asMusic

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2017 07:17 am
@jochambers1965,
No, they will rise and the people will fall. Except the rich, of course.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 08:12 pm
@Blickers,
He's determined to build his wall.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 09:48 pm
@izzythepush,
It's going to be fun to watch the next big demonstration against Trump for taking away health insurance from 16 million Americans without a replacement.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/01/16/obamacare-repeal-delay-trumpcare-republicans/%3Fsource%3Ddam?client=safari
roger

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 09:52 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

We will learn more as the days and weeks of this unprecedented Presidency evolves. Still too early to know or say exactly what will occur.

Evolving might involve learning from experience, which might be somewhat similar to admitting to a mistake. I hope your expectations aren't set too high.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2017 10:07 pm
@roger,
It's surprising that people can't arrive at a conclusion about a person like Trump who has a history of bigotry, scamming, grabbing women's crotch and bragging about it, his history of lies, and conning so many people still can't see the scum for who he is.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/?tid=a_inl-amp
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
I don't know if fun is the word I would choose. There's going to be some very angry people out there, couple that with a nervous police force and things could turn very nasty very quickly.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2017 06:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

With Trump and the republicans, Obamacare and immigrants will have no security in this country. Which of Trump's promises will he carry out?
Obamacare is more popular than Donald Trump.

I wouldn't worry about anything concerning immigrants. President Trump has never indicated anything negative about immigrants, except once saying that he'd like immigration to return to historically normal levels. His problem is only with illegal immigrants.
0 Replies