Watching the Inaug.

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:18 am
First comment: Bob Sheiffer is the voice of reason. He explained how a Trump presidency happened citing jobless midwesterners...

Second comment: Newt Gingrich's wife has the worst helmet Head hair I've ever seen.

Third comment: There is a hilarious bunch of Trumpsters cordoned off in a dentally compromised, raucous pen. I hope they get out.

Are you watching?

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:25 am
Kelly Anne Conway's bright red, white and blue military-evocative suit seems embarrassing.

The Clintons look good. Hillary in white.

Dole in a wheelchair; Dick Cheney in a cowboy hat. (I can't wait to get a load of Melania)
Krumple

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:29 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The Clintons look good. Hillary in white.

Surprised Hillary wasn't in all black.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:39 am
@Krumple,
Haha. I almost posted the same thing. Haha.

Everyone is in suits; Bernie walks in wearing a puffy hunting jacket. He's ******* awesome.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:44 am
Supremes filing down the stairs pretty slowly with minders. One of those geezers missteps and trump will appoint the entire bench.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:48 am
Carters look great.

Meanwhile, Trump and Obama's breakfast has run over 15 minutes. News commentators say it must be going well. I think the Obamas have Trump in the floor...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:49 am
Melania looks beautiful.

I don't think I've seen Obama's face quite like the way it looked when he emerged with Trump to drive to the ceremony.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:03 am
Bushes greeted warmly, sitting by Clintons. All the millionaires quite cozy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:11 am
FYI: DC is PACKED. The mall is overrun.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:14 am
Bill Clinton has this sorta senile affectation; Hillary is texting.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:13 am
Hes not a politician. He is a businessman. His speech is what I expected. Its the message that won him the election.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:13 am
So Bernie obviously kidnapped Trump donned a Trump mask and delivered the inaugural speech.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:15 am
@Lash,
Has the world ended yet?
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:21 am
@InfraBlue,
Let me look outside...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:31 am
I forgot to check when it began and was working outside during all but the end. But the whole story will trickle out.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 01:25 pm
I have supported peaceful protest my entire life and still do. I have participated in such. The violent protesters today are giving a black eye to the people I support. I don't like what they are doing and have no problem with police breaking it up.
edit
That's assuming there is truth to the story I am watching on CBS TV.
edit
The commentator just said the vast majority have been peaceful and respectful.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 02:07 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

So Bernie obviously kidnapped Trump donned a Trump mask and delivered the inaugural speech.

Well both are populists in their approach and expressed similar goals. The concrete actions Trump has identified so far are a good deal more out of a traditional conservative playbook than what Bernie proposed, but they do indeed have something in common.

To an interesting extent both of them were, in effect, Third Party candidates. One central result of this year's election was that all of the political establishment candidates of both parties were rejected.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Watching the Inaug.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:11:08