The Changing of the Avatar

Sugar

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 10:16 am
I think I'll keep mine.

Besides, I have this costume in my closet.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:59 pm
I have to admit when I am reading a thread I do check out the avatar of the poster rather than the name and for the most part I recognize people via that. I did get confused with two people using the same avatar (the cute penguin typing on a laptop) and now I have to re-check who is saying what.

I like my current avatar. Someone sent me an email joke with this sweetie attached and it made me laugh out loud. It represents me in the sense that humor is a big part of who I am. I am not often referred to as a hot chick, can look a bit hairy first thing in the morning ... ah what the heck, that's as good as I look all day!

I don't think I'll change it unless something else catches my eye.

BTW I love your avatar Phoenix! I love doodling eyes too and I always drew only one side of a face (that side as it happens) and never a full face. I'm not a very good artist and could not do a symmetrical face when I actually tried to.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:41 pm
I'm stickin' with mine, because it's the closest one that I could find that looks like I really look.

heeven, I love that emu..it's so you. Laughing
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:02 pm
Beware. Qwertyman say, Avatar him sacred. No touch or curse of Bill Gates will confuse your OS and melt your harddrive
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:19 pm
Yes it is Letty - I am feeling very cute today - don't let those shite brown eyes fool ya!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 02:21 pm
Jerry, LOVE the new Calvin and Hobbes gif!

This is my 3rd and maybe final. (I've gotten attached to her, but who knows.) When I was "just hatched", I used the baby that Maxsdadeo uses now -- seemed to go together. Then for a while (and after complaints about the baby Sad) I made an avatar from the biswo basra, the one I just posted on ehBeths "tattoo you" thread, but it was hard to make it look good at low resolution and was just too abstract. Then thought of Rosie, who I've always liked (something blatham said put me in mind of her, I think), went and found a pic of the original poster online, cropped it, et voila!
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 03:21 pm
sozobe and Phoenix are my favorites. Maybe we should have avatar of the month. Its close, but Phoenix gets my award.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:15 pm
Very Happy

I've really been enjoying your changing gallery, LarryBS. You obviously have excellent comedic taste. (Not just ol' Wallace and Gromit but Kramer, Woody et al.)
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:16 pm
I do not think that I shall ever change my avatar: it looks like a portrait of mine in darkness...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:21 pm
steissd, have you ever read any Kinky Friedman? I always think of Rambam when I see your avatar.

http://www.h2k2.net/display_grid.khtml?who=56
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:22 pm
Funny! I always think of the witness protection plan.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:25 pm
Rambam? I do not think I resemble him. I have a mixed ethnic origin, and I look rather an Aryan than a Jew. I saw a portrait of Maimonides (Rambam) on the old 1 New Shekel note, and this gentleman looked like an Arab. If it was not written that this was him, I would rather think that this was some Hamas leader.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:28 pm
Ah, sorry, you meant Steven Rambam, and not the medieval rabbi Moses ben-Maimon... Unfortunately, I have never seen the first one's portrait, so I cannot say whether my avatar resembles him or not.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:30 pm
steiss - I love yours

sozo - thanks, I'm having a harder time coming up with new ones, especially with size restrictions. Maybe I'll find one I really like and stick with it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:39 pm
I've never seen the real Rambam either, just a mental picture from the books. He's Israeli and rather cloak-and-dagger.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:07 pm
I always learn something new here on A2K. I knew that Rambam was a rabbi, a philosopher and a doctor. That is the first time I hear that he was a spy (well, how could he be the one: there was no Mossad and no State of Israel in 11th century?)... Or, you mean Steven Rambam?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:19 pm
The real Steven Rambam who appears as a character in Kinky Friedman's books. Yes. (He is always referred to as "Rambam", not the full name.)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:27 pm
i let my office manager look through the avatar's to see which one would best suit me. in addition to the one i currently use, she picked two frowning avatar's. hmmmmmmmm.................

what does she know anyway, wimmin Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:42 pm
We know all - we speak but a fraction of what we know....
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:58 pm
how many cigarettes does the wabbit smoke and what does he drink, in the interest of avatar science and breeding.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 11:07:37