The Changing of the Avatar

pueo

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:15 pm
been seeing alot of a2ker's changing their avatars. have you thought of changing yours?

and if you have, why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,527 • Replies: 109
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:17 pm
FUNNY! I just changed mine 4 or 5 times, rapid fire....

I'll be changing mine periodically, I'll get bored with that, then I'll settle on one for a long-haul.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:12 am
I changed mine, got tired of the other one. I'll stick to this one ... unless or until I decide not to!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:14 am
Nah ... Will stay with Felix! Very Happy
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:15 am
Good msolga ... love that one!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:46 am
Well I am on my third avatar. I changed to the latest one beacuase, hmm, well I guess I wanted to be taken more seriously.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 12:53 am
chatoyant

Why thank you! AND I must say, your new one is very perky & upbeat! Very Happy

Joanne.
V. sophisticated! Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:16 am
Whe thanky msolga.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:20 am
Sticking with the Rat. Somehow, I've become too closely identified with it to change now. It would be like changing my Abuzz name.

I agree pueo, it really isn't you.

Honestly, little k, from your personal gallery, I like the 'fizzgigs'.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 01:33 am
Fizzgigs?

I am very happy with my avatar - even though people misinterpret her - she has become her own odd little person, and taps into a part of me that I enjoy - although I am pretty odd as me, too.

I love the cognitive dissonance she causes!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:10 am
I love my avatar--very dramatic. I thought of changing it when I realized that several other people had the same one. I hunted around, but nothing appealed to me. So I'm sticking with the one I've got. Nothing wrong with sharing.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:31 am
Obviously, I can't make up my mind. I'm a chameleon.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 04:40 am
Mine is so meee !!

Cute, adorable, baby, trusting, wide eyed, and something in mouth always..... Wink
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:22 am
appropos of the nom-de-net, yet looking the other way.

Someone already pointed out that changing the avatar is much like changing the screen-name, which occasioned some bad feelings on that other site...
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 06:02 am
To be associated with anything on that other site, especially the bad stuff, I take as a great insult! Smile Smile Smile

I disagree - I always see the name first, especially since several people have the same avatar. And to change the avatar, occasionally, adds some fun to the site, and I like seeing a different avatar up there for familiar people. It can show creativity and personality, and its fun to tie in the avatar to a signature quote. And changes in avatars usually end up being talked about - a nice way to break the ice or just have a nice chat with someone.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 07:27 am
This is my third and final avatar. My first was a body with a monitor for a head. Cute, but a little high tech, too masculine, and not really me. Second was Minnie Mouse, which I used because of something funny that happened to me at the time, of which I can't remember now.

I think that this last one is IT! I love eyes, and used to doodle eyes when I was in school. I thought that it might be a bit seductive looking for an old broad like me, but what the hell! Very Happy

<(aside to Roger), Please don't ever change your avatar. I love it!>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:27 am
Roger,
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/21/212.jpg
fizzgig looks too angry....
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 08:44 am
Hi All,
I think it's great that we can change them. I was pretty stuck on the "Swedish Chef" images I've been using, but then I came accross this "Calvin and Hobbes" gif, and love it! Very Happy

So much fun, and so much cool stuff out there!
Think I'll be changing mine pretty often!

I do understand the confusion, but the screen name is still the same,..so I think it's OK!!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:07 am
Agreed, Jerry. Love that Calvin and Hobbes av!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 09:58 am
Jerry, Calvin and Hobbes are great! BigDice has another dancing scene of those two tattooed on his belly! Laughing He can make them dance... Rolling Eyes

I like the different avatars. However, I will not change mine. The brown eye is very much me!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Changing of the Avatar
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:55:36