Adjusting one's inner clock

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 09:08 pm
Anybody besides me have trouble adjusting whenever we turn the clock back or ahead?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 5,870 • Replies: 65
No top replies

Rae

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 09:37 pm
I think it's a ridiculous habit, bandylu.

One of my most favorite (unknown) quotes is 'You will never find anyone who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time'.....I could swear that is my Dad talking. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 09:41 pm
Actually, I could live with always having that extra hour of daylight in the evening (I don't like driving home in the dark). It's just the back and forth that drives my inner clock nuts. It also takes my poor doggy a couple of days to adjust to our revised schedule.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 09:42 pm
Nah. This time a year I get to sleep an hour late and adapt instantly. Now, in the spring, it takes about six months to get used to getting up an hour early. Between the two, I guess I end up losing about 150 hours of sleep on daylight savings - never to be made up.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 09:50 pm
I feel the need to quote my quote again.....
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2002 10:02 pm

Bandylu: I'm with you ... I do not like the dark evenings at all.

I do wish they would leave the time alone and I think it only makes sense to the farmers, what's left of them.

It just seems as though you go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, and when daylight is upon us we're at work and can't do anything with it anyway.

I have no problem adjusting to the extra hours sleep, but I'm with Roger on that, the sprintime change is a killer:)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 05:01 am
I have the opposite problem. Where I live on the west coast of Florida, before you change the time back, it is very dark in the MORNINGS. Nights are not bad in the winter. It never gets dark earlier than 5:30, even at the solstice.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2002 07:21 am
my little dogs never adjust - so i don't really either - we just maintain our regular routine year-round. the clock says something different, but the dogs wake up anyway - of course they're napping now! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 03:47 am
Hmmm - my clock takes a bit of adjusting this way round - we just moved to Daylight Saving here - but I loooooooove it! Getting home and having glorious daylight - hours of it - is wonderful. I feel like I have a life now - in winter I get home and it is dark and it is near dark when I leave in the am - this is heaven.

I am a happy li'l vegemite indeedy doody!

Deb
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 07:32 pm
Beth -- are the doggies permanently on Daylight Savings or Standard Time???? Just curious.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 07:37 pm
bandylu - i'd say they're more closely allied with standard time - tho they are ruled by the moon more than anything - regardless of anything else, when it is twilight and the moon is rising, they are wrasslin' - i know how dark it will be outside just by the sounds of wrasslin' Shocked
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Mon 28 Oct, 2002 07:39 pm
Well then, guess they'd be moondoggies? My dog is geared to our schedule so she is slightly confused for a few days but then readjusts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 05:27 pm
Well - I hear tell they sure fart like Moondoggies!

Lord - I never said that...I NEVER said that......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 05:42 pm
well, Cleo has been known to fart 'at' those she admires. Poor setanta. She worships him.

I think I've described Bailey as a moondoggy before - he is a true lunar canine. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 05:50 pm
ehBeth- What breed of dog is Cleo? The reason that I ask, is that in my life I have owned a Boxer and a Boston Terrier. Those two breeds, and well as other breeds with short noses (English Bulldogs, Chinese Pugs, etc), have delicate systems, and fart at the drop of a hat. (They also drool a lot.)

My two dogs could have been the government's secret poison gas weapon!
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 05:51 pm
eh, Beth .... how come you got that Messenger Service button at the tail end of your posts? More to the pint, how come I don't?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 05:57 pm
Phoenix, Cleo is a mixed-breed rescue. We know for sure she is part-Pomeranian. The other part (parts?) is (are) a mystery. She's quite bow-legged, and broad in the chest - my dad is convinced she is part bulldog. Your information adds some points to that argument.

She is definitely a fart-hound of the highest order - not just a room-clearer but a house-emptier. The best part, really really truly, is how she can time things - sidling up to Setanta, giving him that sweet doggie-girl grin, and then whooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:00 pm
Dill Pickle - when i set up my profile, i put my MSN messenger contact info in - if you look at some other's posts they also have the little symbol for Yahoo messenger at the bottom.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:13 pm
Yawn...eh...what was the question?
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Tue 29 Oct, 2002 06:52 pm
I absolutely love the fact that this 'discussion' went from the effects of daylight savings time on the human psyche to doggy farts. How great is this?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Adjusting one's inner clock
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 01:44:10