The US military rolls into Poland!?

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 06:57 am
I don't see this turning out well. Is this naked brinksmanship or preparation for WWIII? What other possible plausible reason would an American president commit such a nakedly hostile action?

******* bitch Obama. He knows what he's doing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-troops-enter-poland-1st-deployment-russias-doorstep-103725752.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=fb

centrox

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:12 am
He could be delivering a warning, or pissing on Trump's inaugural breakfast.

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:19 am
@centrox,
That's a multimillion dollar postcard. He's escalating tensions on purpose. It's horrifically dangerous.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:20 am
Another example of 0bama ensuring a smooth transition of power.

0bama is a dick.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:25 am
@Lash,
I actually do wonder why no-one opposed this NATO-exercise earlier: 'Operation Atlantic Resolve' started in 2014, and the plans were known and had been widely reported already in those days.

Regarding this part now: on January 7, 2017 protests started here in Germany, and went on the following days.
The US-troops gathered first in Poland (after having landed in and being transprted through Germany), then fan out across seven countries from Estonia to Bulgaria and Romania. They are headquartered in Germany.
Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
I'm not sure it was reported in US media. Big surprise. I had no idea.

If you could keep us apprised of facts and reaction there, it'd be appreciated.

I'm sorry this is happening.
Frugal1

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 07:55 am
The obama administration instituted a pathetic foreign policy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2DZi-sXEAA3nXQ.jpg:large
0 Replies

saab

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:03 am

The Swedish Defence minister Peter Hultqvist is positiv to NATO in Poland.
Sweden is worried because of Russia sending submarines and airplanes across Swedish border.
Russia opened up an old military base last summer about 50 kilometres from the Swedish/Finnish border.
The Swedish island Gotland has again after 11 years military stationed on the island.
Sweden is not in NATO, but I think some Swedish military will take part.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:04 am
@Lash,
US-Army website
Wikipedia
facebook page

From 2014:
US Department of Defense
Atlantic Council

From 2014/2015:
globalsecurity.org

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:17 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
Sweden is not in NATO, but I think some Swedish military will take part.
Swedish Special Forces and naval units conducted exercises with NATO-units as part of Operation Atlantic Resolve since 2014. (Austrian special forces, too - Austria isn't a NATO-country either.)
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:21 am
0bama is lighting the fuse right before he leaves office.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 08:41 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Already in April 2014, the U.S. 173rd Airborne Brigade (based in Vicenza, Italy) was sent to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Poland to join national defense forces in conducting exercises and shoring up security in the region.

These units were replaced with units from the 1st Cavalry Division and the 3rd Infantry Division.

The 3rd Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment, also undertook the "Dragoon Ride", a 1,100-mile convoy of over 600 soldiers and 120 military vehicles across six European countries in March 2015.

In 2015, 5,200 German soldiers were in Poland and the Baltic states on exercise. One German bataillon (still) is under Polish command.

Besides that, there's (since 1999) the Multinational Corps Northeast (mainly consisting of German, Polish, and Danish units), headquarters are in Poland.
In June 2016, during the exercise Brillian Capability 2016, the Corps has become operationally capable to assume command of the Very High Readiness Joint Task Force, also referred to as the "spearhead force".
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 12:53 pm
I imagine the next administration will quickly put a stop to this.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2017 03:12 pm
After American GIs mix and mingle with these eastern europeans, will the eventual marriages and births bring to fruition Yossarian's paranoia in the novel Catch-22, where he kept saying "they" are trying to take his "precious bodily fluid." I guess the U.S. needs a more diverse addition to the American gene pool?

If a hot war starts, Polish refugees can add to the Polish communities in the midwest. Won't Americans be surprised to find out that all those "Polish jokes" were canards. They are actually quite intelligent.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The US military rolls into Poland!?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:20:21