Learning Oracle

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:34 pm
Hi,
I'm the manager of a medical lab, and we are going to use an Oracle software for our information system. The questions are
1- Is it easy/ worthy/ rewarding... etc that I learn how to make simple modifications as adding fields, creating forums and so on? I'm not talking about the interface with the medical equipment. Please note that our place is very creative and adopt unique practices, which means the supplier of the software will be required to make frequent modifications periodically.
2- If the answer is yes, how long would this take?
3- Would be better to attach to course or use tutorials from the net?
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 567 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 02:54 pm
@Mahmoudtigger,
If the person in charge of Oracle is already familiar with using databases and SQL then you can probably get away with quickie tutorials. If not, then they may need to take a class. Because one of the things this person will want to do is add fields intelligently, using primary keys and making sure that tables can link together as simply as possible because that makes for faster database querying. If what I've just said doesn't make any sense to that person, then they need to take a class.
0 Replies