Tired of grey

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:08 am
The 2017 Color of the Year for the auto industry is ..... Grey!

I, for one, am sick of grey in fashion, furniture, wall color , no matter if it's silver grey, blue grey or whatever.

I know it's a neutral, but all this makes me miss beige.

Pantone color for 2017 is a clear vibrant green. Hurrah!

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 1,405 • Replies: 34

blatham

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:21 am
@PUNKEY,
I've never been fond of cars that look like broccoli.
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 09:31 am
I think greys are a rich background on which to support so many color or style ideas.

Beige is generally unimaginative, uninspired and cheap looking in my personal opinion.

0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:41 am
@blatham,
What about broccoli that looks like a car?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 10:51 am
@PUNKEY,
Green sets off my silver hair beautifully, so I'm pretty happy with greenery.

0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:19 am
@blatham,
Quote blatham:
Quote:
I've never been fond of cars that look like broccoli.

You mean you've never been fond of those 60's British Triumphs and Austin-Healey's in British Racing Green?

Shame on you.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:52 am
Broccoli or Bitchin' ?

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Austin%20Healey%20british%20racing%20green_zpskyxqobnj.jpg

You decide.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
I've been driving a grey car for 14 years. Had three rear end accidents because the other driver didn't see my car. Maybe grey blends into the road and surroundings too easy. I now have a white car.
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 01:59 pm
@seac,
My last car was grey, and I thought that was the problem.

Now I drive a red car, and people still ignore the car at times. I can't figure it out.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:08 pm
Shopping for furniture got so tedious this season.

American furniture stores are full of nothing but various shades of grey on everything.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:21 pm
Certain shades of grey are great for a house paint color and even for painting a floor. It's a comfortable and comforting color and goes quite well with my red items.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:23 pm
@seac,
seac wrote:

I've been driving a grey car for 14 years. Had three rear end accidents because the other driver didn't see my car. Maybe grey blends into the road and surroundings too easy. I now have a white car.

Actually, silver is the hardest for other drivers to see.

So far as grey goes, I'm thoroughly tired of it, too. It seems like all you can get out of Germany, Japan, and Korea these days are white, black, and gunmetal grey. Almost like Henry Ford - "any color you want, so long as it's black".
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 03:47 pm
Color is part of my interest in life. I still have cups filled with color pencils sitting there waiting for me to draw.

I in early life got some color crushes, a kind of sweet magenta, what was I thinking, and also wild hate for turquoise. I don't mind either right this minute.

If there is any word I equate with fun, it's color.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 08:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
I love silver, red, black and alternate white with either of them. Anything else I don't really go for.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 06:59 am
@Krumple,
grey is invisible at dusk nd dWN. dONT ewver BUY A GREY CAR.
i WONDER IF ANYONE HAS COMPILED STATS ON FREQUENCIES OF ACCIDENTS V COLOR OF PAINT JOB.
Im having a bad day with my hand so I may shift over to voice control
Blickers

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 08:12 am
@farmerman,
Back in the seventies, there were studies done as to which is the easiest to see car color. The two top ones were chartreuse, (yellow-green), and orange. I couldn't help but notice but a very large percentage of the foreign cars, (in the seventies, a foreign car outside of a VW bug was a novelty), were one of these two colors.

I always wondered if it had anything to do with the fact that in the era of big American cars, the foreign cars were so much smaller and needed to be seen by the larger American car drivers to avoid getting hit. In car accidents, size does matter.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:19 pm
Me too, but for an entirely different reason.

"Grey" is used to indicate that there is no wrong or right and that there are multiple perspectives on any issue.

The problem with this is that the people who love to talk about the "grey" nature of life, don't buy into it when an issue is important to them.

Secondly, grey problems don't get solved.

glitterbag

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 02:27 pm
I'm redecorating the upstairs bedrooms, and I'm so stinking sick of black furniture and grey/beige, beige/grey and the freeping Mad Man look. I like a few black pieces but holy crap does every stick of wood in the house need to be black. I just pray harvest gold doesn't make a comeback.
chai2

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:23 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm waiting for avocado. Razz
Sturgis

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2017 03:27 pm
@chai2,
My now long deceased aunt had appliances in avocado. This was back in the early 70s when stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, toasters and almost everything in the sales line seemed to be avocado or that odd shade of brown.

1. Forums
  2. » Tired of grey
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 03:26:52