how to hide IP address

mata

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:11 pm
Hi.. Smile I visit a chat quite regulary to meet and chat with people from the country of my birth..but im a fairly private person and i resent the fact that some people take pleasure in tracking others IP addresses .
The internet being what it is.. one never really knows who can one trust , whos behind a nickname or what they would use the info for , so i'm wondering is there a way of masking/hiding my IP address safely ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,774 • Replies: 9
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2004 05:18 pm
Craven is watching you.....he knows where you are!!!
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2004 08:41 am
You should use a proxychain.
Try this site for free and see if it can mask your IP:
www.anonymouse.ws
0 Replies

mata

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 07:33 pm
Stand up... shock horror.. Rolling Eyes my secret is out.. hahha.. is there no place left to hide? Question

But seriously .. Cyanure.. thanks for the suggestion I will check it out .. have you used it yourself ?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
I don't think it works on a2k!
0 Replies

mata

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 08:49 pm
OK... i'll just have to live with it Rolling Eyes but surely wearing a veil helps a little ..no?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 17 Oct, 2004 09:23 pm
Perhaps....
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 02:56 pm
Quote:
But seriously .. Cyanure.. thanks for the suggestion I will check it out .. have you used it yourself ?

Yes it worked just fine

Also you can use this tool here:
http://www.iprivacytools.com/
I tried it and it's good.

Quote:

Nope! It will work. Just paste the URL address and post your reply and your IP will be the one given by anonymouse and not your real IP.
The only place where it will not work is e-mails. But there is a solution for that also :wink:
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Oct, 2004 04:03 pm
Cyanure wrote:
Quote:

Nope! It will work. Just paste the URL address and post your reply and your IP will be the one given by anonymouse and not your real IP.
The only place where it will not work is e-mails. But there is a solution for that also :wink:

By "work on a2k" they might mean successfully disguise themselves.

Proxy servers are routinely used for nefarious purposes (for example, referrer log spamming), and are routinely blocked here.

So as long as they haven't been misused they may work here (as in function to load pages, not necessarily to mask a duplicate account), but do note that most do not provide true anonymity.

First of all, most proxies add "forwarded for" headers with the real IP.

If the question is whether a proxy server can access A2K it depends on whether the proxy server has been used for nefarious purposes. If the question is whether it can successfully be used to circumvent our security it's not usually the case.
0 Replies

mata

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2004 12:48 am
Craven.. Smile i didnt mean that i wanted to " hide" while here on "a2k" anyway i have no secrets, no more than anyone else would have.. Laughing even if i've got my name from a late ex-spy :wink: " mata hari" ......
0 Replies