What to do my parents smoke weed

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 12:26 pm
I am scared they get very mad and they sometimes scare me everytime I go downstairs I can smell weed

View best answer, chosen by c00lkidd
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 12:37 pm
@c00lkidd,
Have a conversation with them. Not an accusatory one. Just - I am smelling something downstairs, and I know what it is. I am concerned about you, Mom and Dad.

Period. And then let them talk. They might get angry, yes. Or they might explain things. Or maybe they'll reconsider what they're doing and how it makes you uncomfortable. Recognize that pot has become legal in a number of US states, but some of them still have conditions under which it can be smoked. And if you're not in one of those states, or you're outside America, there might be issues with legality if nothing else.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 01:20 pm
@c00lkidd

Parents need time to themselves and being interrupted by anything less than an emergency can sometimes "rub them the wrong way".

As far as their weed use goes, Jespah provides good perspective and advice. I'll just add that different people have different responses to intoxicants; there are many social drinkers and casual smokers who hold down jobs, drive safely, and basically keep themselves together. For these people, the primary risk comes from the illegal nature of the activity.

On the other hand, the immoderate compulsive pursuit of a semi-perpetual high is not conducive to steady employment, safe driving, or good parenting.

Opening up a good channel of communication is the first thing to do.

<fist-bump>
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:06 pm
@c00lkidd,
How old are you? How old are your parents?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:15 pm
I think Baldimo needs to relax and have a smoke.

Me, I haven't smoked pot in 42 years, but I'm not against it for others, used wisely.

Not that long ago, I lived in Humboldt County, famously ok by a fair amount of the population re having some weed available. I wasn't living there for the dope since that didn't interest me, but for the beauty of the region, plus our design business.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I think Baldimo needs to relax and have a smoke.

Asking the posters age when he is dealing with his parents is a bad thing?

Quote:
Me, I haven't smoked pot in 42 years, but I'm not against it for others, used wisely.

Me, I haven't smoked since last night an hour or so before I went to bed. I live in CO and have no issues with pot smoking, I was asking because it can be a difference in how they deal with their folks.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:26 pm
Sorry, I took that as your asking Hightor's age, and was wrong about that.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 04:42 pm
If my kids started telling me not to smoke weed, they would get a salty answer. (When did children get entitled to lecture their parents? Did I miss it? Was it in the 1990s sometime?). Heroin, meth, speed, Qaaludes, too much booze, OK, sure, problem time, but weed? Really?
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 05:32 pm
There was no alcohol in our house, ever. My mother was a teetoller.
I do remember, maybe when I was eleven or twelve, my dad spent a night in the brig and I now some of the whys behind that.
He was no routine drunk, in contrast from of a variety of forebears.
0 Replies

c00lkidd

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:37 am
@centrox,
Some children don't like smelling weed okay???? children have a right to tell their parents about stuff they don't like.
centrox

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 11:58 am
@c00lkidd,
c00lkidd wrote:

Some children don't like smelling weed okay???? children have a right to tell their parents about stuff they don't like.

Now I think about it, parents should not make their kids inhale any smoke, whether it is marijuana or tobacco. Also you do have the right to bring this up with them, however no need to get wiseass with the okay ????s.

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What to do my parents smoke weed
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:41:44