Donepezil

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 01:09 pm
If you also use this med to supposedly make you smarter in old age, why do you suppose it's to be taken '...AT BEDTIME' since it seems to entail a feeling of slight discontent or even insomnia, with wildest dreams; so one might think morning dosage might prove less intrusive
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 337 • Replies: 8
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 01:31 pm
@dalehileman,
Says my BH, who I'm sure you'll agree must be much smarter than me, 'Yes you really need it'
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 02:05 pm
Talk to your Dr. He/she may suggest a different time of the day to take your meds.

Your sleep is too valuable to be disturbed because of a medical reason!!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 02:10 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNK you make the most perfect dense imaginable

http://able2know.org/topic/362043-1

Of course w/spozedtabe an 's' but the 'd' kinda fit dintit

Thank you PUNK for making my entire week twice
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 03:09 pm
I believe Aricept (Donepezil) doesn't work any better at night, and you could just as well take it in the morning, but it is given at night so that you sleep through any side effects that may occur. These can include stomach and digestive discomfort, and taking the dose with food can help. Also you could feel faint or light headed and risk falling and bed is the best place to be in that case.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 03:15 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
so that you sleep through any side effects
Thanks Cen but it's those side effects that apparently keep me awake and uncomfoprtable

But thanks most kindly for ur interest
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 03:54 pm
My wife works in a hospital pharmacy, and after telling me the above, she said very firmly, "If that person has any concerns or questions about their medication, they should be asking their doctor or pharmacist, and not relying on advice given on a web forum". To which I can only agree. She says "Don't start taking it at a time not as recommended before discussing this with your doctor".
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:52 pm
@centrox,
Cen I'd agree tho visits are rare and in this case I'm guessing our insurance wouldn't cover it. Besides I get such interesting responses hereabout

My regards to your BH
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 12:53 pm
@centrox,
Yo Cen

Sure enough, took one first thing; now light-head and dizzy as hell, even moreso than most a2ker's suppose I am most of the time...

...and sure enuf slept better last nite

Incidentally are you also Con

In my laziness, Con, Cen, Oss, etc, appreciate all your inputs, save me from hours at Google
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Donepezil
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:39:53