Happy 2017!

Below viewing threshold (view)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 09:05 am
@dlowan,
I need one last quiet Sunday before getting back to my normal routine. Much as I look forward to holiday season, it disrupts my personal goals, such as good diet, meeting writing goals and such, for about a month.
blatham

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 09:59 am
I'm so optimistic about 2017 that I made a puposeful decision last night to drink enough and smoke enough so that two instances of 2017 would be weaving boldly in front of my eyeballs today and they are. And now I'm going to vomit.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 10:14 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

It is interesting that so many people feel that 2016 sucked

Any guesses as to why?

The Red Sox and the Patriots were kicked out of their respective playoffs.

Remember Harambe and the city population of celebrity deaths.

Zika and even more zika.

Steroids and heroin were both epidemic.

The atrocities of Syria.

Lot more craptastic stuff happened outside of Trump and the Republican continued takeover of both houses of Congress.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 12:02 pm
I warned my wife storms will pass through just when she always leaves for her job on Monday. She smiled. "I am off tomorrow for my New Year holiday," she said. Good deal. Possible tornado activity even.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 01:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote tsarstepan:
Quote:
Zika and even more zika.

Steroids and heroin were both epidemic.

The atrocities of Syria.

It's important to look at the individual trees, but don't ignore the overall forest. Human progress continues at an astonishing rate. For instance, this little article released two days before Christmas:

Ebola vaccine gives 100% protection, study finds
By Joshua Berlinger, CNN
Updated 4:24 AM ET, Fri December 23, 2016

.....A total of 5,837 people were given the rVSV-ZEBOV vaccine, and none had a recorded case of Ebola after 10 days or longer, the study says.
Among people who were not immediately given the vaccine, there were 23 cases......

Continued...
dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 11:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I need one last quiet Sunday before getting back to my normal routine. Much as I look forward to holiday season, it disrupts my personal goals, such as good diet, meeting writing goals and such, for about a month.

YES!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 11:38 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I'm so optimistic about 2017 that I made a puposeful decision last night to drink enough and smoke enough so that two instances of 2017 would be weaving boldly in front of my eyeballs today and they are. And now I'm going to vomit.

Oh dear. I hate hangovers. You're brave
blatham

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 05:28 am
@dlowan,
Me, Mel Gibson, Donald Trump.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 07:41 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
.... Lot more craptastic stuff happened outside of Trump and the Republican continued takeover of both houses of Congress.

Yeah, there were those things, wars, political changes, rich people getting richer, celebrities dying, etc., but as dlowan said, it's not really just 2016.

I'm sensing a universal downward trend in the 'peace of mind' factor for just about all. Republicans and rich people are no exception, they seem to be under some kind of negative pressure too and they have every reason to be happier than ever. And the economy was actually on an up-trend so even the poor had reason to be a bit cheerier if anything.

Maybe I'm just blow'n it out'a my ass, but I don't think it has anything to do with war, politics and poverty, we have always had those.

Maybe 2017 will be the year it turns around for everyone. Hope so
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 12:12 pm
@Frugal1,
You really should get over this fantasy that you can in any way speak for America. The majority who voted for Hillary are still pissed off that the anti-democractic Electoral College took the election away from her and awarded it to the disgusting losed in the vote. America rejected Trump's agenda, and we won't forget.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:22 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

It's important to look at the individual trees, but don't ignore the overall forest. Human progress continues at an astonishing rate.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a progressive and not an anarchist or nihilist for a reason. I do appreciate the forward momentum that humans have made and are making in terms of social, political, and technological advancements. It's just painful when we hit these potholes in the middle of our yearly roadtrip.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:25 pm
You said humans, but other than spreading their death cult around the globe, what forward momentum are muslims making in terms of social, political, and technological advancements?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy 2017!
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:24:33