and why???????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,326 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:11 am
It's SO frigging hot! That's why! 8pm on Tuesday nite and it still must be in the high 20s (celsius) here in Sydney. I'm in the local Library using a computer, NOT because I want to communicate, I'm doing it because they've GOT air-conditioning!!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:13 am
Which I don't. Now let me see...... within a week or two some of our more northerly members will start with the 'There's two foot of snow outside. I am so cold!'. We will say, 'It's like 38 degrees down here!'. And so it goes.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:15 am
i'd be hot too laying next to him...but for different reasons and in different places :-)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:16 am
36 here today!!!!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:17 am
Right. Who is first up? Montana????????? I seem to recall 6-foot snow drifts last year. I want nothing less that a glacial event THIS winter......
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:25 am
No snow yet in England, but it's 11oC, windy and drizzling. Nice...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:31 am
Grand Duke wrote:
No snow yet in England, but it's 11oC, windy and drizzling. Nice...

Let's see; you get a 4 for delivery, only a 3 for actual weather conditions and 12 demerits for being a Pom and thus a chronic whinger! Next.......
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:36 am
Maybe if we weren't such chronic whingers, no-one would have complained about the over-crowding in the prisons a few hundred years ago and we'd have never sent boat-loads of convicts halfway around the world... oh, never mind!
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:38 am
Non winging pom moment - bear with me, it may be hard....

Its a beautiful cloudy day, with amazingly refreshing drizzle, the weather promises to be totally unpredictable and may develop into a gale, wind, sunshine, snow, thunderstorm, hail or a light refreshing breeze at any given moment. That's it for my cheery forecast, and for all those people in Old Blighty venturing out today, I hope you have taken your whole wardrobe with you to cover all eventualities. Thank you!

He he he,doesn't quite have the same ring does it? lol
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:39 am
Ah. Can't wrestle with my rigorous, impeccable logic? Seem to recall that Stephen Hawkings fellow had the same problem...........
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:44 am
Mr Stillwater, just wondering if you could highlight the rigorous impeccable logic in your post(s) for the benefit of the Poms? Rest assured however, when we get our annual 3 inches of snow, the whole country will grind to a halt and all the Poms can come in here and whinge about it. You will the first to know, I promise. :wink:

Carrie, thank you for experiencing the same weather as me (I'm in Romford just now) and making it sound so much more romantic and exciting! Maybe it's being in Romford that depresses me, not the weather. Sad
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:52 am
Logical presumption: it will be cold in Britain, conversely it will be hot in Australia. Thus, we will log onto A2K and attempt to outdo each other with 'extreme' weather stories. I may resurrect some of the posts from last year for your amusement and edification....
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 04:57 am
Ah. I'll admit defeat then and save us both time and effort. There are no extremes of weather in Britain, unless "extremely mild" counts?
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:01 am
Or extremely unpredictable! lol.
I often think that if anyone came here, and lived here for any length of time, they would moan about the weather too...I would bet on it...or at least say how brilliant theirs was compared to ours...oh what a strange picture people have of the english! lol
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:12 am
I'm actually typing from the inside of a tornado. Phew, I'm getting a bit dizzy! I sure hope it drops me on that soft ice floe with all those polar bears.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:14 am
Tap your heels together and say:

"I love ice floes and cuddly polar bears!"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:27 am
They look a little hungry....that's okay. If I want to scare them off, all I need to do is punch them in the nose. Oh wait....that's sharks....aaahhhhh!!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:31 am
I lived in London from January to May. I whinged plenty. (Worst weather I've ever ever ever experienced.)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 07:35 am
An absolutely beautiful night here. Not nearly as hot as it is Mr S in Sydney. Low 20s & balmy. I have windows & doors open to catch the breeze. Lovely. Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ladies. I am HOT tonite!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 03:41:56