Not so hot in person anymore!

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:14 pm
The first encounter after having sex on 2nd date (huge huge big big mistake!). I went to his party and it was horrible! He was acting all weird and awkward and didn't even pay special attention to me. So I had a bit of fun and told him I was taking off. He was surprised I was leaving so soon, and I told him that I was expecting a different kind of treatment. He apologized and said he was only doing this because he wants to take things slow, but that doesn't change the way how he feels about me. How does he feel about me? He said he really likes me but he doesn't know anything about me yet. So I said me too and left.
And now he just texted me the usual Good morning, thanks for coming and I "hope to see you again soon" crap and I just lost my cool. I said that I was new to this dating thing and i may not have understood some sort of protocol. But I do know that how he had changed since last time was not cool. And I went on and told him that hoping doesn't really count, asking would have done the job.
His response to that text: Are you free Tuesday evening?
Guys, I think I'm being played. Do you agree? I had resolved to not see him again. Do you think I'm being reasonable?

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 11:28 pm
@Mspeppermintea,
It sounds to me like you are playing him.

You are not communicating very well with him. You are not telling him how you feel, You are expecting him to guess and you are getting upset when he gets it wrong. You are not listening to how he feels. He is being pretty clear, he likes you and wants some time to build a relationship.

I don't see anything in any of your posts where he has done something obviously wrong. He is trying to tell you how he feels. It sounds like he has tried to be patient with you when you have gotten upset. I don't know exactly what he did at the party, and maybe it is understandable if you want him to pay special attention to you at his party... but your relationship status is up in the air right now.

I think you are being unreasonable. You need to either if you want to make the relationship work... this means telling him up front what you want, listening to what he wants, and working through to make things work.

If you don't want this relationship, the reasonable thing for you to do is let this poor guy go.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 08:21 am
The man was hosting a party and you expected "special attention" at just that time?

He acts like he didn't understand what sex on the second date means, according to you.

Decide if you want to start over with the relationship. And back down on the attention-seeking.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Not so hot in person anymore!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:36:18