Unable to speak

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 10:56 am
Ive been in a relationship with my gf for 5 years now. After years has passed we have been slowly drifting away from each other. We live together under a same roof and our lifes seems to be a burden to each other. We cant speak to each other anymore.

I love her so much. I've been thinking going to relationship therapy. I want to fix our relationship like it was in the beginning. Yet again im too afraid to raise the topic. Does someone has any good advices how to fix the situation. Thanks in advance

jespah

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:13 pm
@danderson,
You'd better open your mouth because your hesitation is not helping matters. So here is your script:

"Honey, I want to save what we've got. Will you go to couples therapy with me?"

And see what she says. A few possibilities:
  1. Sure; I think that's a good idea. Let's look at our schedules and figure out a convenient day.
  2. I don't want therapy but I want to work on us. Let's talk.
  3. Rather than therapy, I'd like to go to a member of the clergy.
  4. You go first and let me know how it goes before I'll commit to it.
  5. Stunned silence.
  6. Forget it; it's over.

This list is more or less in order from most positive response to most negative. The top three are great. The fourth is okay; some people are weirded out by therapy or they don't consider it an option in their lives. The fifth is probably not good but at least you've got an idea that your suggestion is going nowhere, which should spur you to end it. And of course #6 is self-explanatory.

There might be other possible responses, but I see those six as being the most likely ones.
0 Replies

therapyraptor

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 09:53 am
@danderson,
Ive been in the same situation. It must be very hard times for you. Maybe you should just try to start a conversation. Get some sort of relationship games what you could play together. Cant really give any better advice, try to spend time together.
0 Replies

tyreesejack

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 10:13 am
@danderson,
Communication is the key for triggering out of the situation. It might be painful at first if the connection between you and her is ruined. Try to avoid the silence and talk from the heart, but don't push her too much.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2016 11:18 am
How do you think SHE feels?

YOU feel as though the relationship has slowly gone downhill. Does she feel the same way?

She's not a mind reader. If you don't tell her that you are concerned about your relationship, how would she know?
0 Replies

tyreesejack

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2016 04:50 pm
@danderson,
Well, honestly you can't go back in time and fix the relationship like it's used to be. As above, you must try to find a connection once again and the slowly get into the topic and discuss it.
0 Replies

paulysanju

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2016 03:24 am
@danderson,
Better to understand her feelings.Then you can get a chance for speak to her openly.Express your love to her
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unable to speak
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 03:58:17