At School can the office Lady give you silent lunch

Rbanks

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2016 02:08 pm
I had to go to Lunch detention with my tutor for 30 mins today apparently It was for being rude I exccepted it my mum was shocked when I told her I have had a bad end to this term been getting frustrated
Blickers

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 12:16 am
@chai2,
Quote chai:
Quote:
Jesus Christ. It would take a real a$$hole to take it up to the school board, wasting their time and a lot of the taxpayers money. Just because you can do something doesn't mean it wouldn't be a stupid ass thing.

Is that the way you post on a thread where a student asks for advice? This school is so tough they give you detention for burping, and you're throwing around street language. Nice example.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 12:25 am
@Rbanks,
Quote Rbanks:
Quote:
I had to go to Lunch detention with my tutor for 30 mins today apparently It was for being rude I exccepted it my mum was shocked when I told her I have had a bad end to this term been getting frustrated

Well, you learned something from this-never underestimate the power of the school office lady. She told you that you would get lunch detention, and that's what you got. Your school appears to demand a great deal from its students as regards conduct. Do your best, nobody's perfect.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 01:10 am
@Blickers,
For what's it worth, this kid did something other than burp........its the old story 'I wasn't doing anything', he/she picks on me, it was Stewart, everybody but our sainted rebel. Thirty minutes with a tutor in detention????? Schools don't send tutors to detention, the tutor was probably tutoring and the child stayed after for the lesson (not a detention)
Blickers

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 01:46 am
@glitterbag,
It's possible the events were not quite as Rbanks described them. Rbanks didn't get lunch detention with the tutor for burping, it was for being "rude" to the office lady who saw Rbanks come in a minute late. I wondered about the tutor thing too, but I think they might be part of the UK private school thing.

We have no idea if the school is run by Victorian standards or if Rbanks is embellishing. I've watched a whole lot of English comedies from the 50s and 60s, and the private schools in those flicks seemed to run according to how Rbanks says his school is run, so maybe that's the way it is.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 03:13 am
Oh and yesterday, my hair stylist kept me for two hours for a wash, cut and style......she even put in some low lights to fancy-pants my hair. It was brutal, my stylist is such a task master. And all I said was, 'Are you busy'. Should I start chanting, USA, USA, USA?

0 Replies

Rbanks

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 05:21 am
In most normal public schools like the one I go to in each year group we are separated into tutor groups for registration and there are main go to for support and then we have a head of year or house depending on how your school runs
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.72 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:37:25