...[i]which will donate the buses to be retired within[/i] the next four years.

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 01:16 pm
The project has been several years in the making as it has not been easy to get officials to agree.In addition, it is also difficult to ask the bus company to donate buses. Now she has reached an agreement with a bus company, which will donate the buses being retired within the next four years.

Can I paraphrased the last sentence above as follows?

Now she has reached an agreement with a bus company, which will donate the buses to be retired within the next four years.

Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 204 • Replies: 1
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 01:36 pm
Your first sentence:
Now she has reached an agreement with a bus company, which will donate the buses being retired within the next four years.

Your second sentence:
Now she has reached an agreement with a bus company, which will donate the buses to be retired within the next four years.

Both these sentences mean the same thing, but I think the second one is not really a "paraphrase" of the first, since you have only replaced "being" with "to be". A paraphrase is usually an extensive revision.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ...[i]which will donate the buses to be retired within[/i] the next four years.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 03:35:02