WHAT IS THE USUAL OR APPROPRIATE ENGLISH VERB WORD TO DESCRIBE AN ACTION

iandu76

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 05:59 am
Hello, I'm an English Language Learner in need of help from especially Native English Speakers. What is the usual verb word used by native English speakers to describe the action of someone especially a friend who does you a favour or renders you help especially when it is only you and him know about it, but he reveals it to other people which is against your wish just to brag and disgrace you. Thank you in anticipation of your usual help.

View best answer, chosen by iandu76
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 08:37 am
@iandu76,
English doesn't work that way. We rarely have words which contain so much within them.

More likely you would say someone was a friend who had done a good deed but was acting boastful about it.
iandu76

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:03 am
@jespah,
Thank you. You know as a learner I come across such situation but get stuck how to express it because unsure what to say. But now I take note of your contribution and add it to my notes i.e the ' to act boastful about good deed done to a friend'. Thanks a lot.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:13 am
I don't know the severity of the incident , but you could use adjectives like betrayer, gossiper, violator, distrust worthy, or insensitive.

Adjectives, not verbs.
iandu76

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 09:38 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you a lot for the contribution and for sparing me your time. I appreciate it.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2016 01:15 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
We rarely have words which contain so much within them
Jes I'd disagree, our tongue so incredibly rich. See Punk's posting above; then if necessary use thesaurus
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » WHAT IS THE USUAL OR APPROPRIATE ENGLISH VERB WORD TO DESCRIBE AN ACTION
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:41:56