any good teen books to recomend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,130 • Replies: 6
No top replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:55 pm
Here is a book I read only a few years ago that I wish I'd known about when I was a teen:

How to Win Friends and Influence People,

By Dale Carnegie.

This book is a classic, and deserves to be re-read every few years.

I actually think it belongs on the "Required Reading List" for high schools...perhaps even Jr. Highs.

General Tsao
0 Replies

iluvorlando313

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 01:21 pm
Okay there are many good teen books out there. I dunno if you r a guy or a girl soo i try to keep the books pretty unisex oreinted!

*His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman
*Not as Crazy as I seem by George Harrar
*The Outsiders by S.E. Henton
*Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
*Aretmis Fowl Trilogy by Eoin Colfer
*Feed by M.T. Anderson (I've heard this is good)
*Tears of a Tiger\Forged by FIre\darkness befor dawn by Sharon Draper (they all go together but i forget in which order.)

In order to recomend more i would need to know what genre and what sex you were!
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 05:02 am
Although it might sound like ajoke, I'd highly recommend "The Catcher in the Rye" by Salinger. That's an awsome book which clicks the young readers by narrating the very issue of youth: What is to grow up?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 06:01 am
Rod - Gave "Catcher" to my son last year when he was hunting around the house for a book to read. He was 13 at the time. He struggled at first to get the "groove" of it, but afterwards, he loved it.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 07:04 am
The Thornbirds might be a good precurser to what life might have in store for you.
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:08 pm
^good call, iluvorlando. Those are good.
Also, check out the Drow thread. Those are great for young adult / teen readers.
0 Replies