to or in

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 05:28 am
If a buddy of yours has turned down one too many invitations, or has been acting out of character, it could be cause for concern. More so if that friend has confided in you that he or she has had trouble sleeping or has been feeling in a low mood. If they have been increasingly absent from work or school, do raise a red flag and have a conversation with them. Acquaint yourself with the signs and symptoms of depression so that you can recognise them in your close friends.

1. Should it be 'invitation' instead of 'invitations'?
2. Should it be 'to' instead of 'in'?

Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 180 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 12:19 pm
1. Invitations. One too many [things] are plural, the phrase means a number of things which is one greater than the maximum appropriate, allowed or advisable.

2. Confide in is usual in this sense. I confide in you a secret, private or personal piece of information; I confide to you a special or secret task or duty.

tanguatlay

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2016 12:58 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

1. Invitations. One too many [things] are plural, the phrase means a number of things which is one greater than the maximum appropriate, allowed or advisable.

2. Confide in is usual in this sense. I confide in you a secret, private or personal piece of information; I confide to you a special or secret task or duty.
Thank you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » to or in
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:19:43