A2Ker's name

Seed

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:28 pm
How did you come about making the name we have all come to know each and everyone of you by?

Seed= first thing to come to mind...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 30
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:39 pm
Seed, there is an old thread somewhere that asks this same question, however, it does not include the newbies.

I got mine from a java applet called "colorbook"
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
well seems like a good time to bring it back
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:44 pm
This site has grown so large, I don't mind repeating myself. I am a chef who loves caviar (Osetra please, choice of real connoisseurs) and I own a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who I love as well. Double meaning.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
Cav

I wondered if it had something to do with caviar...seeing you are a Chef and all :wink:
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:54 pm
My name's José. My cousin started calling me Joe about 10 years ago.

About 4 years ago, when I needed an unique e-mail name and I was really into punk-band NOFX, I thought JoeFX was original. And it stuck since then.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:57 pm
My name comes from my nickname when I was a toddler: panza de agua(water belly)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:06 pm
mac is my initials and 11 is my lucky number.

Seed, I've wondered if you were into gardening.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:11 pm
I'm actually myopic but people are confused by that moniker.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
Here's a post from last year, edited a bit -

Posted: Mon 25 Aug, 2003 8:49 pm Post: 331914 -
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am someone who went to italy on a long vacation, first long vacation in a longggggg time, and went bananas. That was a while ago now.

When I have to pick names for passwords, etc., I choose italian words..as I spent a bunch of time trying to knock italian into my skull. Ossobuco, or Osso Buco is a dish cooked in the Emilia-Romagna region that involves veal shanks (or sometimes beef or lamb shanks.) I ate it once in a small restaurant at lunch in Modena, the town Pavarotti is from. I am not a vegetarian, but am not much into killing calves. The name is more to call up italian sounds, I love the language even though I speak it quite badly. In my mind the language is a kind of music

I am known by this fairly masculine sounding name and keep it with a kind of beefy pride even though I am a woman with a lot of issues, as they say, about the beef industry and hunting. Not to mention that my name plus the avatar make me seem not very feminine. But I am, so I don't worry about it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 10:14 pm
Oh yeah, dys, that makes sense. Rolling Eyes I guess we should start calling you Myopic, then. Or just My, for short? Or perhaps Myo?

(For explanation of "Eva," see my profile.)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:21 am
Got mine from a program I use to watch. There was a cowgirl in the program (Snowy River) named Montana that reminds me so much of myself.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:23 am
Aldistar is the name of my dragon companion :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:26 am
Because my grandfather (mother's site) was called Walter, I got that name as well.

The first Hinteler's must have had their farm "behind the fields" [that's what the name might mean].
And since the family got this name since 1287, I didn't see any reason to change it.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 02:45 am
John-bush?????
maybe it should be changed after the USA election this year
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 04:34 am
my initials are jd, i'm a music fan and a fan of word manipulation so i liked the palindrome effect of djjd, the first time i tried to use i i was told, user already exists, so i added the year of my birth to the mix and the rest as they say is history
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 04:49 am
I've recently thought about changing my name legally to Joe Nation
which is so much better than my real name
gustavratzenhofer
which I wanted to use
but like djjd or jddj or djdjdjd
it was already taken
by someone I can't talk about
because it makes me so mad
and because of what the legal team said
and
because it is such a beautiful name,
the same as my mother's,
except she called herself Eva
(What a profile she had!)
so I decided not to.

Hope this helps

Joe
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:15 am
You reminded me Joe, of the fact that those who are handy with the English language can mangle it too...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:38 am
I love words. I love that your family called you water belly and not jellybelly.

J
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 06:38 am
My real name is Vilhelm Flugheim.

I didn't want people making fun of my name so I chose the name Gustav Ratzenhofer for this site.

(please keep my real name a secret)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2Ker's name
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:54:53