Bagels. . .please help

Jacs

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 08:58 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from Reference to Business & Marketing.

I have a marketing project right now in which we need to create a new franchise in a different country. I am in at the University of Colorado in the US and my marketing group has decided to create a new bagel franchise in austrailia. How would the country and the people living there respond to that? Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you all for your responses so far, they are really actually helpful! What I want to know is if bagels are popular in Austrailia, and what kind of marketing Aussie respond best to. . .tv, radio, magazine, billboard, celebrity etc. Thanks so much for helping out!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 8
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Oct, 2004 09:05 pm
This is a great place to ask on that subject Jacs! I think the Aussies should be off work and heading into their weekends in a few hours.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 12:40 am
Do the Aussies even know what bagels are? I'm only half joking really. I forget who it was or where they were from, but not long ago on Squinney's brownie thread, someone asked what a brownie was. I'll be waiting to hear the responses, as I like to keep tabs on what those Aussies are doing ;-)
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:44 pm
g'day cobbers

Yep, we know what bagels are. Generally they're offered as one choice of casing for fillings in places that offer a much wider range (bread, focaccia, ciobatta, pide, pane et al).

There are franchises here already doing that - Rolls Choice springs to mind....

Here in Canberra there's a Craigel's Bagels (run by Craig - strangely enough) and another just called Bagels.

I always used to like smoked salmon, capers, neufchatel, lettuce and onion on a bagel at Hudsons of Dickson before it changed hands.

I'm rambling. What did you actually want to know?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:03 am
Oh great! I'll be over for breakfast :-D
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:35 pm
How do you like your coffee?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 08:10 pm
I seem to remember one a2k aussie didn't know what a bagel is...

you might consider adding someting about Aussies in your question title. You can go back and edit it by clicking edit in your first post.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:17 am
hingehead wrote:
How do you like your coffee?

Cream and one sugar. I do like extra cream cheese with my bagel as well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:19 am
ossobuco wrote:
I seem to remember one a2k aussie didn't know what a bagel is...

you might consider adding someting about Aussies in your question title. You can go back and edit it by clicking edit in your first post.

I think I remember that myself, which is why I responded the way I did. I could have sworn that I rememer an Aussie asking what a bagel was. Now this is going to drive me nuts, lol.
0 Replies