Bundy has emboldened "terrorists" and this time it's hundreds of them

layman

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 04:14 pm
Pipeline protesters vow to stay camped on federal land

Quote:
Dakota Access oil pipeline protesters will not follow a government directive to leave the federal land where hundreds have camped for months, organizers said Saturday, despite state officials encouraging them to do so.

“We are wardens of this land. This is our land and they can’t remove us,” said protester Isaac Weston, who is an Oglala Sioux member from South Dakota. “We have every right to be here to protect our land."

Republican U.S. Sen. John Hoeven and Democratic U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp said the protesters need to move for public safety.

“The well-being and property of ranchers, farmers and everyone else living in the region should not be threatened by protesters who are willing to commit acts of violence,” Hoeven said in a statement Friday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/republican-senator-pipeline-protesters-should-leave-camp/2016/11/26/a53051bc-b3f3-11e6-bc2d-19b3d759cfe7_story.html

Violent rednecks occupying federal land in defiance of orders to vacate, eh? We've seen this before. Bundy's inbred crew succeeded in making this type of terrorism seem acceptable. It's been going on for months, and I haven't even heard anyone call for the feds to storm them with tanks and assault rifles yet.

What's up with that?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 597 • Replies: 7
No top replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2016 10:20 pm
@layman,
For some reason there's a double standard. Bundy's bag of nuts are called activists, and seem to have had the support of the idiot rednecks that live in my neighborhood. The pipeline protestors (in a similar situation) are called whiners and troublemakers and terrorists by these same rednecks.
The Confederate Flag and AK-47 waving militia members are called "Freedom Fighters", upholding the traditions of the Founding Fathers and are "True Americans". Nobody ever calls them terrorists.....????
layman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 02:44 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

For some reason there's a double standard.

What's your standard here, Tom? Is it the same for both?

Are both groups freedom fighters? Are both groups terrorist?

Does (did) one group have good justification for illegally occupying federal land, while one doesn't (didn't)?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 03:16 pm
@layman,
No, absolutely not. They are terrorists. Period. And should be dealt with as such. Federal troops, locked and loaded, no excuses.
layman

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 03:22 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

No, absolutely not. They are terrorists. Period. And should be dealt with as such. Federal troops, locked and loaded, no excuses.

Fair enough. But I have a feeling that you're not going to be very popular around these here parts after saying that. There may be a movement to have you banned, who knows?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2016 03:27 pm
@layman,
That sounds like fun.
Don't get me wrong, I believe in the Constitution and the right to protest. But "occupying" Federal land is a step too far. I wonder how I would be treated if I decided to "occupy" a Federal building because I was unhappy with a law or a decision.
I am alone and I have white skin, so they would lock me up and forget about me.
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:23 am
@TomTomBinks,
I recently learned that the ownership of the land in question in the Dakota Pipeline issue is in dispute. That changes things. The legal dispute should be cleared up before anything should be built on the land, IMO.
layman

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2016 12:55 am
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

I recently learned that the ownership of the land in question in the Dakota Pipeline issue is in dispute. That changes things. The legal dispute should be cleared up before anything should be built on the land, IMO.

I hadn't heard that, but I agree. If, however, it is just some frivolous claim being made for the purpose of causing unwarranted delay, then the false claimant could be subject to some serious liability for damages caused.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bundy has emboldened "terrorists" and this time it's hundreds of them
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:07:19