Ever been stuck at a US airport?

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:01 pm
I've been to all of these airports, but never experienced any delay because of weather.
https://weather.com/travel/commuter-conditions/news/most-weather-delayed-airports-us-2016
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,112 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2016 06:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sure, when I lived in northern california.

You never experienced a mess at SFO? You are surely kidding.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 11:47 am
@ossobucotemp,
Not kidding. I've flown out of San Francisco as a passenger more often than many. I've visited over 80 countries over the years.
The only delay I can remember was at Heathrow in London. The airline fed us dinner and breakfast, and paid for our hotel stay for the night.

However, I think you're right about flight delays out of and into SFO because of the fog.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
The only time I dealt with a delay was during the Air Traffic Controllers strike. Over 2 hours inside the plane and stuck on the runway.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Once, traveling to Dublin, our plane was diverted to Shannon due to the fog. Had to make the rest of the trip in a taxi.

Another time, the Continental plane I was in broke in Houston.

The company paid for the hotel and all as we only had another plane next day.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 03:16 pm
@timur,
The business about getting stuck farely often at SFO (San Francisco) was usually fog related.

Lessee, husband and I were stuck at O'Hare when on our way to WashDC, but they put us up in a hotel for the night. Was stuck in Portland, Oregon for some long hours, but that was ok.
Would have liked to actually get out of the airport into the city, but the timing wasn't right.

Worst was a long flight that started in Los Angeles, but didn't get us to New York in time, so, to get to Italy where we had hotel reservations in Rome, we ran for a plane to Milan and spent vast time in Milano waiting for an Alitalia plane to Rome. By the time we got there we were exhausted. On the other hand, the coffee was great once we stepped off in Italy.
George

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 05:48 pm
Baltimore-Washington Int'l
Dallas-Fort Worth
Logan (Boston)
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:34 pm
@George,
I have a bias, traveling is pretty much a joy to me, to ever get to do it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2016 07:53 pm
@ossobucotemp,
When my son and I flew to China, we had a long layover in Seoul, Korea, so I asked the staff at the airport if we could take a short trip into town, but they said no. We waited in the airport for about five hours. What a waste.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2016 06:51 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I have a bias, traveling is pretty much a joy to me, to ever get to do it.
The Widget Factory sucks much of the joy out of travel.
0 Replies