How to stop smoking Following Home Remedies?

Tue 22 Nov, 2016 06:46 am
when i see Cigarette i can`t control my self to smoke. i am smoking since when i was 14 years old now i am 19 years old. many time i think how much Cigarette is harmful for me. can any expert tell me how to stop smoking. it will help me a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 684 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

coluber2001

Tue 22 Nov, 2016 02:52 pm
@mingleweave,
I'm a firm believer in negative reinforcement to stop smoking. One simple technique to try is to put a rubber band around your wrist. Each time you light up a cigarette after the first puff give yourself a nice healthy snap, just one. After a period of time you will unconsciously associate smoking with something unpleasant, and you will enjoy smoking much less, perhaps even to the point of not wanting to smoke anymore.

This might work; I don't know, but it's worth a try and free. If not, then hypnotism, but that costs money. Hypnotism involves putting the subject's mind into a state of relaxation, then implanting the message--to stop smoking. It's a form of indoctrination that can be very powerful. Indoctrination is probably how you started smoking in the first place, from commercials or seeing other people smoking.

I smoked for 15 years and would keep increasing the number of cigarettes until they would start making me feel slightly nauseous. At that point I would decide to quit and would smoke every cigarette in the house until I ran out. By that time I would be more than happy to quit.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Tue 22 Nov, 2016 04:04 pm
There are seventy separate threads on a2k about smoking, most of them about how to stop.

click on this and check them out:
http://able2know.org/forum/smoking/
0 Replies