My Anthology: Updated

x-rusty

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 11:23 pm
Hello, it has been more than 3 weeks since I last posted here and I decided to create a new topic because this time, I know have a theme and stuff like that.

Basically here is whats from the other topic:

Hello! I'm a sophomore student in highschool and I'm taking English Honors. For our first semester's major project, we were told to make our own anthology. In our anthology, we will need different genres of writing by different people and I'm here making a topic asking for help.
All I need is the name of the book, you dont havta give me the exact selection as I would want to select the piece that I want.

By the way, my teacher asked us to write a 5-page essay tying all the parts together. My theme is Growing Up. I chose that theme because it is very broad and lots of things can fit in it such as highschool, relationships, personal discovery, searching for your own answers, losing innocence, more responsibilities, etc. theres so many things that you can fit into this theme!

Well here is the list:

Works by Contemporary Women Writers
  • 1 Poem
  • 1 Selection from a work of short fiction
  • 1 Essay or Article
  • 1 Work from a genre 2 of your choice

Works by contemporary Mexican, Central or South American Writers
  • 2 Poems

Works by Contemporary Asian Writers
  • 2 Poems

Works by writers who have WON THE NOBEL PRIZE FOR LITERATURE SINCE 1982 (you must choose a Nobel laureate who is not from America, Canada or England)
  • 3 Works from a genre of your choice

Samples from one or more PUBLISHED ARTICLES or ESSAYS (these may be humorous, political, economical, social essays, sport essays, etc.) by contemporary writers
  • 3 (A sample consists of at least 200 words, not necessarily consecutive)

Work by a contemporary writer that focuses on CURRENT SOCIAL PROBLEM (violence, AIDS, hunger, gun control, racism, etc.)
  • 1 This can be a poem, an essay, an article (or part of an article) a play (or part of a play), anything

10 Poems by poets who are still living or who have died in the last 25 years

I already have a poem from Gary Soto for contemporary Mexican Writers and a poem from Judith Viorst for contemporary women writers.

I am going to the library tomorrow and will be checking out some stuff from:

Women:
Laura Esquivel

Novel Prize:
Toni Morrison
Jose Brodsky
Octavio Paz
Pablo Neruda
José Saramago
José Emilio Pacheco
John Maxwell Coetzee

Asian:
Marilyn Chin
Gao Xingjian

If you have other suggestions, pleae post here. Particularly the genres that are not poems that have something to do with Growing Up. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 679 • Replies: 0
No top replies