Samsung Washers

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 11:23 am
http://abc13.com/news/hfd-house-fire-started-in-now-recalled-samsung-washer/1590733/

Friday, November 04, 2016 08:05PM
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston family told Eyewitness News a recalled washing machine burned down their family house. The fire happened on August 28 at the Bob family's home on the 5800 block of Southurst Street on the southeast side of the city.

Katina Collins said the model in question is a Samsung top-loading machine. At the time, it wasn't recalled. Today, the model was part of a massive recall by the company. Samsung recalled almost 3 million machines, citing concerns they might explode.

They been exploding lately. - eb
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 614 • Replies: 9

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
On top of their phones catching fire, it's now their washing machines. I'd stay away from Samsung products, although we have a Samsung TV in our family room - which I like.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:42 pm
I always liked their TVs. But now I don't want even one of them.
Ragman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 06:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
My Samsung tv definitely does not wash cloathes. I tried it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:00 pm
I have a Samsung TV in the bedroom. I ought to swap it with the one in the living room, in case it explodes. We wouldn't be as close. Smile
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
The recall was not for catching fire, it was for a part flying off.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/samsung-recalls-top-load-washing-machines
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2016 07:11 pm
@engineer,
I mentioned they were exploding.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 03:40 am
We've had a problem with hotpoint/indesit tumble dryers. It's been over a year since the call went out, and engineers are fixing the fault, but there's still thousands of faulty appliances out there.

Quote:
A couple got a shock when they left their home in Honley – and came back to find their tumble dryer had burst into flames.

Firefighters were called to the house in Westcroft at 1.25pm on Monday.

Andy Wooler, watch commander at Huddersfield Fire Station, said: “The tumble dryer had been unplugged before they left the house, however, the clothes have overheated inside the dryer and started smouldering.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/fire-honley-home-after-unplugged-12072443
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 06:21 am
Hotpoint used to be relatively reliable. I bought many for the apartments where I worked over twenty years.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 02:24 pm
Samsung phone, Samsung tablet. Both seem good to me...

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Samsung Washers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/12/2024 at 12:19:46