Florida: 28% of Republican Early Voters Voted For Hillary

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:06 pm
As revealed on the Lawrence O'Donnell show, an exit polling survey in Florida conducted by Target Smart/William & Mary College revealed that 28% of the early voters who were Republicans crossed over and voted for Hillary. They also found that Hillary was ahead by eight points, 48% to Trump's 40. Exclusive to the Lawrence O'Donnell show, official announcement tomorrow.

Hispanic surge, or Republican women crossing over for obvious reasons?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:11 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:

Probably both, and those voters who disagree with Trump's character that disqualifies him as CIC.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:14 pm
If 2 - 4% holds up over the next week, that will be extraordinary.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:28 pm
Just heard on MSNBC-Trump is down to telling early voters to go back and vote again. Truth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:33 pm
@Blickers,
How Trump can remain so popular in politics in this country is amazing; he's a known liar, scammer, and misogynyst.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well, he did say the election was rigged. Maybe this is what he meant.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 09:53 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

As revealed on the Lawrence O'Donnell show, an exit polling survey in Florida conducted by Target Smart/William & Mary College revealed that 28% of the early voters who were Republicans crossed over and voted for Hillary. They also found that Hillary was ahead by eight points, 48% to Trump's 40. Exclusive to the Lawrence O'Donnell show, official announcement tomorrow.

I saw that. If it holds, this could be over early in the evening on the 8th. After what happened in Florida in 2000, it would be ironic if the same state that made us wait so long might let us exhale early in the counting this time.
Blickers

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2016 10:31 pm
@snood,
It could be that Trump has tapped into some fears and issues that makes some people say they want to support him, but as the actual election approaches they realize Trump's beyond the pale.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 02:40 am
@Blickers,
In fairness he's just asking those who can change their votes to do so. I'm all in favour of early voting, but allowing people to change a vote once cast is daft.

Quote:
Appearing on stage with his running mate Mike Pence and Governor Scott Walker in Wisconsin, Mr Trump called Obamacare "a catastrophe" and said he would immediately convene a special session of Congress to repeal and replace it if he becomes president.

He also urged early voters who had "made a mistake" by voting for Mrs Clinton to change their ballots before Thursday's deadline.

Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota and Pennsylvania allow early vote switches but the practice is extremely rare, according to the Early Voting Information Center at Reed College.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37842730
Blickers

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 07:04 am
@izzythepush,
I'm going to take a wild guess. Maybe the states that allow you to switch your early vote have some system where you are given an envelope where you put your filled in ballot, your name and signature is on the envelope, and then on Election Day the envelope is opened and the results tallied by machine.

I imagine this would be the same as for an absentee ballot sent from overseas. So if a person decides to change their mind, they can just go to a voting center, give proper ID, and get their envelope containing the ballot destroyed and then be given a new envelope with a blank vote to be filled in. Then the person just turns in their newly filled in ballot.

Doesn't seem quite as daft as it does at first glance. I mean, what if someone voted for Trump a week ago, and the authorities dig up some bodies in the backyard at Mar-a-Lago?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 08:17 am
@Blickers,
Well if anyone needed confirmation that Trump knows the early voting's been going against him ...

re-vote!

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:21 am
@Blickers,
It is a lot of extra work, and it costs too. Money that could be better spent elsewhere. There was a BBC article on how it's done but I can't find it. All I could find was a Fox News article. (sorry.)

Quote:
Different states have different nuances to their rules. Some terminology differs between “early vote” and “absentee vote” and whether they are interchangeable, and some states have strict rules about who can vote before the election.

Fox 43 says that Pennsylvania voters can change their early vote (absentee ballots), but they have to physically go to the polls to do it.

“If you send in an absentee ballot and change your mind, the only way to void the absentee ballot is to show up at your designated polling station to vote on election day,” the TV station says. “Poll officials will have a record that you already voted via absentee ballot. Once you show up and vote in person, they will send work to election officials to void the absentee ballot.”

Minnesota elections officials advise voters: “WHAT IF I RETURNED MY BALLOT AND WANT TO CHANGE MY VOTE? You can ask to cancel your ballot until the close of business one week before Election Day. After that time, you cannot cancel your ballot. To cancel your ballot, contact the election office that sent your ballot. Your options are to have a new ballot mailed; vote in person at your local election office; or vote at your polling place on Election Day.”

In Wisconsin, election laws give voters “up to three chances to correct their ballot before it’s officially cast.”

Reported WISN-TV Milwaukee: “Early voting is in full swing in Wisconsin, and those early voters can change their vote up to three times.”

“Wisconsin state law actually allows a person to change their mind and vote a new ballot if they have submitted an absentee ballot,” Neil Albrecht, the executive director of the Milwaukee Election Commission, told WISN-TV.

The Oshkosh, Wisconsin clerk told WBAY, “All the ballots are secured in the vault at city hall. We would pull that from the group. We would let the individual, the voter, vote again and document that this was their second ballot issued. We’d keep a record of that, so they would only have up to three opportunities.”

Voters have until November 4 to revote in Wisconsin, said the television station.

According to Fox and Friends, “Voters in Minnesota and Wisconsin have the option of changing their vote if they cast their ballots early or as absentees.”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/10/early-voting-results-can-you-change-your-early-vote-absentee-void-revote-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:38 am
Quote Fox News:
Quote:
In Wisconsin, election laws give voters “up to three chances to correct their ballot before it’s officially cast.”

Do they have an abnormally high population of manic depressives in Wisconsin, by any chance?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:40 am
@Blickers,
Women aren't going to change their vote because Trump asks them: https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4533794/donald-trump-women-support/?client=safari
When half of the voting population is against a candidate, the election is lost.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Florida: 28% of Republican Early Voters Voted For Hillary
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:24:06