BLM

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2016 11:50 am
@McGentrix,
Voting places should be placed everywhere it makes it easier to vote. That's Democracy 101.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 06:32 am
To recoup losses from the housing collapse, Miami pursues a novel suit
November 6 at 6:34 PM

MIAMI — The housing collapse of 2008 nearly broke the city of Miami. Now, its leaders have embarked on a novel and aggressive legal strategy to recoup losses from the big banks they say created the crisis with discriminatory and predatory lending practices.

It is a high-stakes effort that is being encouraged by many cities, and the banks Tuesday will ask the Supreme Court to stop it before it takes root.

Miami sued Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Citigroup under the 1968 Fair Housing Act, which bars discrimination in the sale, rental and financing of housing. The law states its purpose as providing for fair housing “throughout the United States.”

The city says that it can prove the lending institutions discriminated against Hispanic and African American residents by directing them into high-interest, risky loans. The resulting defaults destabilized Miami’s poorest neighborhoods, and the resulting loss of tax revenue sent the city to the brink of bankruptcy, they say.

cont'd...

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/to-recoup-losses-from-the-housing-collapse-miami-pursues-a-novel-suit/2016/11/06/66aa5744-a2a5-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 07:39 pm
NC GOP Brags About Low Black Turnout–After Lobbying To Limit Early Voting

Source: Talking Points Memo

After lobbying local elections officials to limit the early voting opportunities that are popular among African Americans, North Carolina's Republican Party bragged Sunday about this year's decrease in black early voting turnout.

A state GOP press release on the state's early voting numbers highlighted that African American early voting turnout was down by 8.5 percent from 2012.

Back in August, the News and Observer reported on an email sent by North Carolina GOP executive director Dallas Woodhouse to local elections officials urging them to limit early voting opportunities, including Sundays, which are used disproportionately by African Americans, and particularly those participating in black churches' "soul to poll" voter drives.

“Our Republican Board members should feel empowered to make legal changes to early voting plans, that are supported by Republicans,” Woodhouse wrote. “Republicans can and should make party line changes to early voting.”

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/nc-gop-brags-about-depressed-black-turnout
snood

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 07:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Yeah, they're some pretty shameless scumbag GOP voting suppressors here in the Tarheel State.
This state is one of the most crucial battlegrounds regarding tomorrow's outcome.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 07:49 pm
@snood,
Snood - its going to be a blow out. tRump and his basket of deplorables are going to be shellacked.
snood

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 08:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Snood - its going to be a blow out. tRump and his basket of deplorables are going to be shellacked.

I hope so but I can't get cocky.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2016 08:44 pm
@snood,
ditto
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:29 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Read this article. It's about the effect of a Trump presidency on blacks. But the part I excerpted is where he's pointing out that Allan Lichtman has predicted the last 9 presidents correctly - far ahead of election day - even when the races were tight. And this year he picks Trump.

---------

Allan Lichtman gave me my first real scare of this election season. Don’t get me wrong ­­— the idea that millions of people are dumb enough to support a sexual-assaulting, spoiled, self-contradicting, small-faced racist with no political experience is scary. At my core, however, it never felt real. Say what you want about America, we couldn’t really elect a clown like Donald Trump. We’re not that stupid, are we? Well, I didn’t think so, but Lichtman feels differently.

For those who don’t know, Lichtman is a history professor at American University, and author of the book “Predicting the Next President,” which offers a system for determining presidential election winners. Litchman has successfully called the last nine presidential elections well before results were in, even in really tight races like George W. Bush vs. Al Gore and Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney. His selection for this year is Donald Trump. Trump fits his system, which has a clear history of being nonpartisan; Lichtman has been working the media circuit, letting us know that we should be getting ready for four years of Donald. Oh f**k.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/08/if-trump-wins-say-goodbye-to-your-black-friends-a-modest-proposal/
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 07:35 am
@snood,
There are other outlayers who have also records as strong as and even longer than Lichman - including a fourth grade somewhere in Fumblebuck, USA - who've called all the elections correctly since 1960 and they all say Clinton in a landslide.

But I could see a tRump administration split down the center over PoC splintering Georgia off into a black homeland. Half would be for all for it and the other half would be sharpening their bayonets.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 07:46 am
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 07:07 pm
Dear BLM. I just wanted to say thank you so much. I have had a lot of negativity towards the group, but if it wasn't for you we would not have had a unified Republican government. Thank you for showing how badly Barrack Obama failed miserably to unify our country, and thank you for giving the average American another reason to dislike hillary. I know you are not the only reason America voted for a Trump administration. That being said THIS COULD NEVER HAPPENED WITHOUT YOU.

Keep up the good work and please keep supporting crappy liberals
0 Replies

tony5732

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2016 07:48 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
LOL says the deplorable
0 Replies