Who are your favorite Progressives? Who are your favorite Conservatives?

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:21 pm
@Real Music,
That's nice, but relative to the rest of the world - is confusing.

The word progressive or the word liberal have different meanings in varied places.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:05 pm
Huffington Post has an article that says a liberal essentially wants to throw more money at a problem while a progressive seeks a more comprehensive solution. I think there was a time when this may have been true. But not these days. I think liberals are more in the trenches, more likely to be with the Dakota pipeline protesters, physically on the field.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 10:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
Much as I get takes re what is going on, I don't know at all.

Oingo Bongo

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 05:03 am
@edgarblythe,
I dislike Liberals more than Conservatives. At least you know where you are with the Tories, Nick Clegg made a solemn pledge with huge fanfare not to do something and then did the exact opposite once he got a whiff of power.

I don't find any of the current crop of politicians particularly inspiring, Sadiq Khan is probably the best of the bunch. Comedian Mark Steel is my favourite progressive.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2016 06:03 am
My favorite progressives:

Micheal Moore
Bernie
Cenk
Mark Ruffalo
Bono
Zephyr Teachout
Tulsi Gabbard
Dr Cornel West
Willie Nelson
Neil Young
Jeremy Corbyn

Conservatives:

Condi Rice
Colin Powell
Jim Huntsman

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:15 pm
I already posted some of my favorite progressives/liberals on this thread already.
Here are just a few more I am adding:

1. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi

2. Former Congressman Elijah Cummings

3. Congressman John Lewis

4. Congresswoman Maxine Waters
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:20 pm

1. On this thread it has been brought to my attention that some of these terms such as progressives, liberals, and conservatives have different meanings and definition in other parts of the world.

2. So when posting, knowing what each poster definition is should definitely be considered when conversing back and forth.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 10:33 pm
Here are a few of my favorite conservatives:

1. Former President George H. W. Bush (The father, Not the son)

2. Former Chairman of Joint Chief of Staff and Secretary State Colin Powell

3. Joe Scarborough Co-host of Morning Joe on MSNBC

4. Michael Steele, former chairperson of the Republican National Committee (RNC)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 11:25:48