I wanna....

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 01:14 pm
If you want, I'm able to hide you in my house but you will have to do some chores.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 01:18 pm
Cheers Joe, that's be cool. I'm pretty good with an iron, and I don't mind vaccuming either!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 01:28 pm
Then it's settled. I'll wait for you here. It's a two story green house on Mexico. if you have any trouble finding it.. just post on here.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 01:53 pm
Mexico's not that big is it? I'm sure I'll be there in time for dinner... What are having tonight? (although I know it's only the afternoon over on your side of the Atlantic)
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:09 pm
Mexico's just a little under two million squared km. I don't think it's too much trouble. I'm in the northwest corner.

We'll have some warm quesadillas for dinner.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
This might make you laugh, but what's a quesadilla?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:11 pm
[was edited because this was a double post]

A quesadilla is a tortilla with melted cheese in the middle... it's more common with wheat tortillas but corn are also used.

In my house, a quesadilla is only as good as the salsa (a mixture of chopped or blended vegetables, most of the time it includes chile so it's spicy) that's in it. So we add avocado and two types of salsa.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:13 pm
The UK is a mere 244,000 km2, btw. We are small, but perfectly formed...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:18 pm
I looked it up on Wikipedia and was amazed that there is really that much difference between land space. I had no idea Mexico was no. 13 on the list.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:26 pm
Ah, I see now. I've had tortillas with lettuce, salsa and beef chilli, but I never realised that if I'd put melted cheese in they would be transformed into quesadillas! As the saying goes, "you learn something every day". I'll cook you toad-in-hole if you ever come to the UK.

As for the land sizes, it makes you wonder why someone doesn't fill it up all the big gaps with stuff?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 02:34 pm
This might make you laugh, but what's a toad-in-hole?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 03:19 pm
Here's a recipe and here's a photo.

Although I'd use sausages rather than the little bacon pieces they have. And onion gravy. Sound good?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
Mr. Duke....check this out: The Brits should love it, as they still think we are their 'colony'. Mind you, this is from Quebec. Don't try invading them, they hold a lot of voting power: http://www.members.shaw.ca/kcic1/poutine.html

If I get to mention poutine twice in day, I am laughing and pleased.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 03:42 pm
I thought we were all big Commonwealth chums, us lot and you lot, eh Cav? :wink:

Anyway, I was impressed with poutine. Sounds like my kind of dish. I've got to put Canada further up my list of places to go on holiday.

I used to make something broadly similar (but less impressive) when I worked in a pub kitchen. Twice-fried chips (we've talked about them before) covered in gravy (freshly made from the bottom of a roasting tin that had a big joint of beef cooked in it), topped with cheddar and left on the flat top of the grill to slowly stew for about a quarter of an hour (usually while the chefs got me to make the tea and go for a smoke). Mmmmmm.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:53 pm
Thanks paula and panzade for your kind comments.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 04:55 pm
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Stand Up. Sad
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:09 pm
Thanks for the 101 Cav
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2004 05:10 pm
Grand Duke wrote:
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Stand Up. Sad

No problem....it's nice to see a thread I started actually grow!!!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 01:42 am
Toad-in-hole doesn't look so good, but I bet it's delicious.

Quote:
No problem....it's nice to see a thread I started actually grow!!!

That's the thing about threads about nothing in particular... they grow even if you don't water them. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I wanna....
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 01:12:59