My boyfriend is depressed.

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:08 pm
We've been together seven years, to be honest it's never really been easy. He's always been "controlling" I stupidly moved in with him after 2 months and it more or less started straight away. Not letting me go out on my 21st birthday because my friends are "slags" anyways... He has his good points of course and I do love him always have. These past 2 years he confided on me that he was depressed. I took him to doctors ect nothings ever got any better. He doesn't take any medication now he's just plodding on. Doesn't even leave the house. Doesn't work to be honest he's never liked any job and the longest one he had was because he had to cos if he quit he wouldn't get JSA. I'm currently working 60hours a week to pay the rent and feed us. But cos I'm always tired after my 12 hour shifts I'm miserable? Tonight's an example. Sat watching emmerdale and he starts throwing cigeratte ends at me (not lit) one by one, told him to stop numerous times so I throw them back which he didn't like and kicked off. That's what he does you see. He'll call me names like crank, skank, freak, weirdo, dog but if I dare to insult him back he won't speak to me for a week. Iv no patience anymore. I want to leave but if I left what would he do? He wouldn't be able to stay in the house were in cos it's in my name and I know he won't keep up with rent. Iv got to the point where I can not be bothered any more. I've told him so many times I don't like the name calling and him playfully "poking" me. I'm embarrassed around our neighbours. I can't even be bothered with myself!! Help Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 373 • Replies: 4

Krumple

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:25 pm
@Manywonders89,
Wow. You are worried if he is depressed?

No hes got a free ride. You pay for everything and have sex with him. What incentive is there for him to do anything?

The name calling and cig butt throwing is to attack your self esteem. If he gets you to feel like you cant do better or be happy without him then he secures his laziness.

He doesnt love you. Throwing butts on you and calling you names is love? Fuc* him! Kick him out. Or give him an option, get a job and treat you better or you are done.

You dont need this in your life. You are worth more than this. Respect yourself because he doesnt respect you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:25 pm
@Manywonders89,
Nothing in your post gives me any indication that this guy makes you happy.

Why are you hanging around?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 03:58 pm
I want to leave but if I left what would he do?'

He'd get a job and have to support himself - unless he gets to go home to his momma.

Tell us again - WHY do you stay with this slug?
roger

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 04:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
Un huh. That's what he would have to do. My question is why should she care. Anyhow, the house is in her name, so why should she be the one to leave. I would say she should toss him out, but line up a lawyer first - he just might have acquired some legal rights based on how long he was freeloading with her.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My boyfriend is depressed.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:25:20