Help me understand if I overreacted or is boyfriend playing the victim as usual

tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 05:26 am
My boyfriend steady plays the victim in every argument! We met up after not seeing each other in 5 days & we BOTH never initiated a hug or kiss, he was just into his phone & his body posture just sucked & he just looked mad after not seeing me for those 5 days. During those 5 days he was in Illinois & wasnt texting me/ignoring calls or wasn't letting me know what he was doing and left me hanging on a limb ...which eventually made me worry while he was out of the state. So when we finally saw each other I snapped bc of his shady behavior due to him doing the same thing like he did to me when he was in Illinois, just leaving me out to dry & not communicating. Now he was just into his phone and doing the same things he did to me in person as he did in Illinois & was telling me to just leave & basically wanting me to kiss his ass bc he said "he owns me & I m suppose to initiate things & cause things will go his way not mine". So I snapped & I apologized the next day but he also said hurtful things, I saw hurtful msgs/things in this phone that shouldn't of been there & he said disrespectful things to break me down. Now after all this happen he tried to manipulate everything & blame everything on me & saying enough is enough & how I will pay for "snapping" & deserve a punishment. I m tired of arguing and trying to fix the situation while he is steady playing the victim which he always do in every situation even when he starts them & contribute to our circumstances. What s crazy he never mentioned anything he did or even the msgs that was in his phone..he talk like I m the only one that did anything & all I did was snap. He had msgs that showed his unfaithfulness. What do I do? Should I not contact him till he s ready to be mature & take some responsibility? Help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 469 • Replies: 16

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 06:25 am
Why did he go to Illinois for five days? Working? Ran away?
jespah

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 06:47 am
@tel5123,
tel5123 wrote:
..."he owns me..."...

No, he doesn't. Hell, women have been dealing with this crap for years.

You don't have to take this crap. Why stay?
tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:23 am
@PUNKEY,
He went on a business trip and took his guy friend with him. So that's why I assume he acted shady/funny with me the entire 5 dyas
0 Replies

tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:28 am
@jespah,
Your right! Women have been dealing with this for years! And I'm honestly tired of it
0 Replies

tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 09:57 am
@tel5123,
He just keeps shutting me off & saying I ruin all my chances. BUT I'm not the only that contributed to the issue. He wanted me to kiss his ass & he's forgetting what he did and those msgs that I found in his phone. I don't think I'm overreacting but maybe I'm being biased. I'm not reaching out to him till he's ready
ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:01 am
@tel5123,
Are you both adults?
tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:21 am
@ehBeth,
Yes
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:23 am
I don't understand why you pick him as a boyfriend. Have some self esteem! There are other fish in the sea.
tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:29 am
@ossobucotemp,
You make total sense.
This situation has brought me to my ends. More so cause he is unfair on many levels and take no responsibility!

Thanks for the eye opener
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:33 am
@tel5123,
tel5123 wrote:
Should I not contact him till he s ready to be mature & take some responsibility? Help

I'm not clear why you want to spend any time with this person or have contact with them ever.

There are so many nice men out there, why stick with one who behaves like a mopey teenager?
tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:46 am
@ehBeth,
Lol your right about a mopey teenager.
I had hope cause I had loved him but he constantly blames everything on me and I'm just tir d of it. I deserve better just its hard keeping that mind set when your heart is torn
0 Replies

tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 10:47 am
@tel5123,
Sorry if I'm misspelling words I just dialated my eyes and can't see!!
Krumple

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 01:44 pm
@tel5123,
Tel,

You dont deserve this treatment. If you stay this sort of thing will continue. You wont be able to change him. Many women get caught up in this idea that they can fix him. It doesnt work. You should walk a way and find someone who respects you. It might hurt but in the long run youll be happier for it.
tel5123

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:28 pm
@Krumple,
I appreciated the feedback..your right i know I deserve better. $7/5 need to be strong
Krumple

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 04:33 pm
@tel5123,
tel5123 wrote:

I appreciated the feedback..your right i know I deserve better. $7/5 need to be strong

Some times facing a little loneliness is better than being with someone who continiously makes you feel bad for doing nothing wrong. If you waste time with this guy who makes you feel bad you might miss the guy wholl treat you better.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2016 05:48 pm
All of us posting here misspell sometimes; we are typing as we are thinking, or shortly after, and sometimes misspelling happens to a lot of us. As do homophones happen, words that sound like the word we mean, but show up if we are typing fast. We know the difference but our brain picked another word through our fingers. Now that can make us feel stupid, unless we catch it in posting time.
Don't worry about it.

I'll argue with myself and say some here don't make typing mistakes. That can happen.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help me understand if I overreacted or is boyfriend playing the victim as usual
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:10:54