God Is Talking To Me

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:07 am
I have, over the last couple of days, begun to talk to God. Or more accurately, He has begun to talk to me. I don't know why He has chosen to talk to a musician/dj, but He works in mysterious ways. At least, unlike Moses, I don't have a speech impediment.

We are speaking on a range of issues from the globally and philosophically important to the mundane. I will be passing things along.

I know you will cluck and grit your teeth and laugh and/or think "The Bear is pulling our legs again", but perhaps one or two of you will listen.

It's scary, but I'm getting used to it.

There is a God, but contrary to popular and long held belief, He's actually not that fond of all of you.

I will answer any questions I can, and unlike other prophets, no charge.
I asked God why me, and he chuckled, then actually snorted a couple of times, then regained His composure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,381 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Seed

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:09 am
so why is there world poverity?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:14 am
We haven't spoken about that yet, but in a related topic, He did say that education would pull you out of poverty on this earth as well as anything.

You could start with learning to spell. I'm not being snotty, I'm just a messenger. :wink:
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:19 am
I've always wondered if god feels just a little embarrassed about his failed project, i.e. humanity, or is he/she already building another spruce goose?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:26 am
Seed, God just told me that I should put away my wise guy sense of humour and that I sounded snide in my response to you.

He essentially told me that everyone gets their turn in the barrel, and that's why some cultures and nations are on "top" while others are "poor" or "primitive" seem to rotate over the course of history. it's a rule of balance thing He told me he'd make more clear to me later tonight after we talked about the debates.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:30 am
do you think He will laugh over them or cry at the fact that he actually let them live this long?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:31 am
I think God is preparing to coax you into the world of gospel music like James Brown, Little Richard and Al Green. Jo has a nice thread on spiritual music you might like to peruse...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:41 am
cavfancier wrote:
I've always wondered if god feels just a little embarrassed about his failed project, i.e. humanity, or is he/she already building another spruce goose?

God just said to me that quite the contrary, everything is going just right and for me to think about it and we'd finish up later. Man I hate that mysterious stuff, but I'll get back to you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:42 am
I just asked God to let me finish my coffee before we talked anymore. He laughed again, but then said okay.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:44 am
So what does God sound like?
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 08:45 am
Re: God Is Talking To Me
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

There is a God, but contrary to popular and long held belief, He's actually not that fond of all of you.

I knew it! I knew it! God doesn't like me....Wa-a-a-a-a-a-h!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:37 am
BPB
We must be on a party line. I wish you would stop interrupting
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:40 am
God just told me that my pizza won't be delivered in half an hour, so I get it free. There is a god after all...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 09:53 am
cavfancier wrote:
God just told me that my pizza won't be delivered in half an hour, so I get it free. There is a god after all...

that was al ittle joke....we've been chuckling about it......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:04 am
Oh great...have a good chuckle while I wait an hour or two. I suppose you get what you pay for. Free pizza indeed...it's just an excuse to be a lazy arse.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:10 am
http://www.rickross.com/images/presbush.jpg

The good news is that despite his evangelical nature, god's representative on earth doesn't seem entirely interested in Bush...erm, Jr. that is.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:28 am
BpB
Could you ask God to have the noses of the two candidates in todays debate grow an inch evertime they tell a lie.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:33 am
Hey Bear... Cav and I were talking on one of the "Pets & Garden" threads about bad pet owners. We came up with a solution that seems just. Would you ask God what He thinks of this?

The crappier one treats a pet, the more (literal) crap one shall receive from them.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:04 am
Me too.

He's telling me to poison my neighbor's dog.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:07 am
God is currently focusing his energy on the debte tonight and has instructed me to put all other things on hold. Surprisingly enough, shocking to me actually, God supports bush in this election.......
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » God Is Talking To Me
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:30:04