Letter to host family before studying abroad

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 03:33 am
Hi everyone,
Hi guys, I'm writing an introducing letter to my host family whom I'm going to stay with in the next year. Would you guys please check if my letter has any grammatical/verbal/vocabular mistake or not, and if it has any problem in syntax, politeness, obscurity and delicateness. Please feel free to suggest corrections wherever you want to. Thank you in advance.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. [Family name],
First please let me introduce myself. My name is [name], I am a [nationality] student who will be studying in [country] and I would love to live with you as my host family in the next year. I was always dreaming about living in a foreign country and I am really excited that it is becoming real soon.
I would like to share more information about myself. Currently I am 17 years old and I live in a family of 4: my dad, Mr. [name], an office worker, Mrs. [name], an accountant and my younger sister [name], a student. They are very kind and they all want to say hi to your family.
When I first saw the photo of your home, I could see that it is a very calm and peaceful place, and I really love it. This environment is very suitable for my study and help me concentrate better.
I am really easy in eating since I do not have any allergy with any type of food so far and I do not dislike any edible product, so you will not have to worry about avoiding any food while cooking.
I have read about your house rules to be respected and I think as a highly disciplined person, I will keep them quite well. But whenever I accidentally forget or break them, please remind me and I will try my best to remember it and avoid redoing it.
As you probably know, this is my first time living abroad so my lack of experience is unavoidable. If I make any mistake in my habitude or my behavior, please feel free to correct me in any situation.
If you want to contact me, I have a Facebook account named “[name]”. I have sent you a friend request through my mother suggestion and I think this will be easiest way to stay contacted to each other.
I really look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
[name]"

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2016 06:26 am
@minhproxo,
It's rather good and it's very sweet and polite. A few changes.

Change: "I was always dreaming" to "I have always dreamed"
Change: "it is becoming real soon" to "it is soon becoming a reality"
Change: "and help me concentrate" to "and should help me concentrate"
Change: "I am really easy in eating" to "I am open to eating nearly anything"
Change: "I do not dislike any edible product" to "I do not dislike any food I have ever tried"
Change: "habitude" to "habits"
Change: "mother suggestion" to "mother's suggestion"
Change: "way to stay contacted" to "way to stay in contact"

There are a few run-on sentences in there which you might want to break apart. But it can all be understood. My family hosted a French girl for a few days when I was in High School and it was a wonderful time. I'm sure you and your host family will have a great time, too. Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Letter to host family before studying abroad
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:00:42